Concento RDG encourages an updated design to allow multi-level Parallel Workflow Maintenance
Concento™ Rapid Data Governance (RDG) is a Cloud-Based SAP UI5 application built on the SAP Business Technology Platform. Concento RDG automates the processes of MDG Data Model Maintenance, Workflow Configuration, and Business Rules with an intuitive, user-friendly, and elegant graphical interface.
This blog is part of a series covering various key capabilities of Concento RDG.
Traditionally, SAP has provided a standard guide to implementing parallel workflow, which includes the following steps:
- Creating a new change request type.
- Defining service names.
- Populating BRF+ Single, User, and Non-User Agent tables.
- Create Enhancement implementation for BAdIs to customize Parallel and Dynamic tasks.
- Create filter and set service names for BAdIs as a condition
Set up Parallel Workflow Tasks with BRF+ (BADI USMD_SSW_PARA_RESULT_HANDLER)
Steps to maintain a Parallel Workflow using RDG are described in this blog:
Concento RDG provides an effortless Parallel and Dynamic Workflow maintenance | SAP Blogs
This blog describes the updated feature of RDG, allowing multi-level Parallel Workflow Maintenance by automating the BADI implementation and BRF+ steps in a user-friendly UI screen.
Below are the steps to configure the multi-level Parallel Workflow:
- Open the UI of RDG and click on ‘Manage MDG Workflow’ from the home screen.
- Click the + icon to create a new change request or can copy from the existing standard change request.
- Enter the required details and Save: CR Type Description Data Model Main Entity Business Activity Leading Entities will default from Main Entity
- Select transport request.
- A successful message should appear. Select ΟΚ and a standard workflow will be populated as shown.
- Click the + icon of the Requestor, select the workflow position and Parallel Flow.
- Select transport request.
- Add Attribute to be used as the condition for the Parallel workflow.
- Select Add Rule highlight and enter details for the rule: Attribute Value Approver Type Approver Step Type In the above example for the same Company Code, the workflow will parallelly move to three users for approval.
- Save the configuration by selecting the transport request.
- Select a package to save the configuration.
- After saving the conditions, both the opening and closing nodes of the parallel workflow can be seen (here shown as A1 and A2). If required, additional approvers can be added from A1. The workflow will come back together at A2.
- Add connections to the opening parallel node. In this case, the connection is made from the Requestor to the opening parallel node (A1). The connection for the Requestor node is as follows.
- Add connections from the opening parallel node (A1) to any additional approvers between A1 and A2, or directly to A2 if there are no other approvers between them.
In the above case, there are no additional approvers, so connections are made directly from A1 to A2.
- In this case, create connections between the closing parallel node (A2) and an additional approver, A3.
- Create a connection between the Approver node A3 to the Activation node.
- The last Activation node connection is as follows.
- The complete workflows look like the below picture in this example.
- Once all connections have been completed, select the Activation button to validate the workflow. A validation message should appear.
- Save to complete the workflow.
- BRF decision tables are created and populated automatically when the workflow is saved. Use the transaction code USMD_SSW_RULE and give the CR type created to view the decision tables created. The Non-User Agent Decision Table is as follows. The User-Agent Decision Table is as follows. The Single Value Decision Table is as follows.
- BADI is getting implemented automatically. Check the BAdI implementation and the auto-generated code. Go to the transaction se18 and give Enhancement Spot as USMD_SSW_SERVICE_PROCESSOR. Select the BAdI definition as USMD_SSW_PARA_RESULT_HANDLER and click on the implementation. Click on the active enhancement implementation and check the filter service for the combination and the service name. Click on the implementing class for the autogenerated code.
Thus, a multi-level Parallel Workflow can be maintained even for complex scenarios in RDG with no prior knowledge of ABAP, BRF+ configuration, and BAdI implementations.
Concento RDG is a certified SAP BTP solution and is available on SAP App Store.
To know more details about the product, check the blog Partner Add-on Solutions.
Please also check out other features of Concento RDG from blogs:
- Concento RDG automates many technical steps for MDG Data Model extension
- Concento RDG simplifies MDG rule-based workflow maintenance
- Concento RDG facilitates creation of Validation/Derivation Rule in BRFPlus
- Concento RDG simplifies Field Property Configuration, lets you change fields in the UI without any hassle
- Concento RDG – Simplifying Multi-Value Check Rules and Derivation Rules | SAP Blogs
- Concento RDG – Simplifying the Interface Configuration with RDG | SAP Blogs
- Concento RDG provides a new functionality-copying the business rules from one change request to another change request | SAP Blogs
- Concento RDG provides an effortless Cross Entity Rule Derivation | SAP Blogs
- CONCENTO RDG – Single Value Derivation Rule ( String Concatenation & Arithmetic Operation ) in BRF+ | SAP Blogs
Your opinions and feedback are highly appreciated and feel free to post them in comment section.
Please follow and read more interesting blogs on SAP Master Data Governance | SAP | SAP Blogs
You can also find and post questions about the product here: SAP Master Data Governance Community