What’s New in the SAP HANA Database Explorer Visual Studio Code Extension Version 1.8
You can find the features introduced in previous versions in my other blog posts.
- What’s New in the SAP HANA Database Explorer Visual Studio Code Extension Version 1.6
- What’s New in the SAP HANA Database Explorer Visual Studio Code Extension Version 1.5
- What’s New in the SAP HANA Database Explorer Visual Studio Code Extension
This week, version 1.8 of the extension has been released to the Visual Studio Code marketplace. In addition to some bug fixing and general improvements, the new version brings several noteworthy features.
SQL Console Admin Mode
HDI container connections have two connection modes:
- Consumer mode: the connection is established with a user that has DML access to the HDI container’s runtime schema, i.e. the user can access the objects that were deployed to the container.
- Admin mode: the connection is established with a user that has access to the HDI container’s API.
Previously only the consumer mode was supported. The new version adds support for the admin mode.
Note that this connection mode is only supported for SAP HANA Database Explorer connections of type “HDI Container”.
Open SQL Files
Previously the SQL console had added the ability to open files via the toolbar. Now it is possible to open SQL files directly via a file’s context menu.
The list of objects in the catalog browser is now grouped by schema. This allows for better object navigation if multiple schemas are selected.
The list of schemas in the schema selection dropdown is now sorted to make finding a schema easier.
Improved Connection Management
Previously, a new connection was opened whenever the database was switched. To reduce the number of reconnects connections to the databases in the database connection list are now kept open. Due to this working with multiple databases is now much more performant.
Stay tuned for more exciting new features in future releases!