What’s New in Integrated Financial Planning
SAP Analytics Cloud is the recommended financial planning solution and is fully integrated with SAP S/4HANA Cloud and on-premise systems. In this blog post we will see the new innovations in Integrated Financial Planning with the latest release of SAP Analytics Cloud for SAP S/4HANA Cloud & on premise systems.
If you missed my earlier blog post on Integrated Financial Planning in SAP Analytics Cloud, you can get a recap with the below links –
Integrated Financial Planning – Introduction with Hybrid ERP
What’s New in 2021 – Simulation Cockpit and Workforce Planning integration
What’s New in 2021 – SAP IBP integration
Consumer Sales Planning Integration – Add-on
This release we get add on for Consumer Product Sales Planning Integration.The Consumer Products (CP) Sales Planning business content enables top-down planning of sales targets. The resulting planned quantities can be transferred to the sales and profitability planning model within Integrated Financial Planning for SAP S/4HANA content.
By clicking on Data Action – Copy Quantities – quantity data from Consumer Product Sales Planning is copied to Profitability model for Integrated Financial Planning and Profit Center is derived based on the derivation rules. Data Action – Convert Units can convert the quantity unit to base unit for planning as required based on the rule which we can import form SAP S/4HANA systems.
Predictive Accounting Integration
In the profitability model you get control parameters to set up plan quantity. If you use predictive accounting & ledger in SAP S/4HANA system, you can import predictive accounting quantity data to SAP Analytics cloud Profitability model.
CAPEX Planning Enhancements
Now it is possible to transfer depreciation values from Capex planning to Operational Expenses Planning and finally to Financial Statement Planning.
You can copy Actual values to plan for asset acquisition and depreciation and can do manual adjustments.
Now we go to the Operational Expenses Planning landing page and click on Expenses.
We get data action to trigger copy of depreciation from capital expenditure planning to operational expense planning as planned in earlier steps.
Cost Center Expense planning shows the asset depreciation values under operating expenses as planned in Capital Expenditure planning.
Next we go and check Financial Statement Planning.
Balance Sheet now has data action – Copy Asset Acquisition from Capital Expenditure Plan which copies the acquired assets from Capital Expenditure to Balance Sheet.
Thus we see there is transfer of asset acquisition and depreciation values from Capex planning to Operational Expenses Planning and finally to Financial Statement Planning.
Inverse Calculation of variable costs for Operational Expense Planning
Here you get enhancements such that if you are changing activity quantity output then fixed and variable cost recalculation is possible with the Split Cost Center Expenses data action.
Hope you like these new innovations. Do let me know your views and if you have any queries by writing in the comments section below.
Some key references to accelerate your Integrated Financial Planning journey in SAP Analytics Cloud-
• For important highlights in Integrated Financial Planning in current release refer to Integrated Financial Planning
• For detailed steps on how to get started with SAP Analytics Cloud for Integrated Financial Planning refer to Getting Started with SAP Analytics Cloud
• For Setting up Import Connection between SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP Analytics Cloud, refer to Blog post
• For details on Planning Models, Stories, Data Actions in Integrated Financial Planning in SAP Analytics Cloud refer here
• For Integration of SAP Analytics Cloud with SAP S/4HANA refer here
• For Exporting the Planning data, follow the instructions here
• SAP Note 2977560 – Integrated Financial Planning for SAP S/4HANA with SAP Analytics Cloud
More Information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud release info here
- Latest SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Blog Posts here and previous release highlights here
- Product videos on our SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA YouTube playlist
- SAP S/4HANA PSCC Digital Enablement Wheel here
- Early Release Webinar Series here
- Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast here
- openSAP Microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA here
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Community: here
- Feature Scope Description here
- What’s New here
- Help Portal Product Page here
- Implementation Portal here