Product Documentation and User Assistance for SAP Enterprise Product Development, Release 2208
Now that the 2208 release of SAP Enterprise Product Development is out, you probably want to make sure that you don’t miss anything that is new or changed. To help you on this journey, we’ve updated the documentation available on the SAP Help Portal. It’s the place to go to find out what’s new as well as information on installing, configuring and using the software.
To get a complete overview of the new features and functions introduced with SAP Enterprise Product Development 2208, refer to What’s New in SAP Enterprise Product Development. Use the filters to find your area of interest.
This release’s main highlight is our new capability Enterprise Product Structure, which lets you search and synchronize BOMs, product structures, and related data from SAP S/4HANA systems.
Since our services are now modularized and our subscription model changes with release 2208, you as an existing customer must recheck the capabilities that you need and subscribe to each individually. The guide Migrating to Individual SaaS Applications explains the necessary steps.
As an overview, here’s a list of the things we offer for SAP Enterprise Product Development to help you out:
- Feature Scope Description
- What’s New page on new and changed features
- User Guides for our capabilities:
- Product Cockpit: An SAP Fiori app with a card-based dashboard that gives you an overview of information from different apps.
- Collaboration: The Collaboration capability in SAP Enterprise Product Development lets you instantly collaborate with participants, within and outside your organization, to accelerate product innovation.
- Connected Products: Provides real-time monitoring of products and faster product design based on actual data. An IoT-enabled engineering model of a physical product is connected via sensors. OEMs create connected product models. Operators can then subscribe to the models (Digital-Product-as-a-Service) and use insights from the models for predictive maintenance.
- Engineering: This capability includes the following applications:
- With the Requirements Acquisition apps, you have a streamlined process for collecting and analyzing customer requirements.
- The Web application Requirements Management and Systems Modeling lets you work in areas of requirements management and systems modeling.
- With the Test Management apps, you can plan, execute, monitor, and analyze the testing projects for your product prototype.
- Enterprise Product Structure: This new capability lets you search for products, BOMs, and product structures to view product data and its BOM components and structures. Additionally, it synchronizes products, BOMs, and related product data from SAP S/4HANA systems.
- Intelligent Handover: Designed for production engineers, the Intelligent Handover capability in SAP Enterprise Product Development bridges the gap in the design-to-operate phase in the product lifecycle management (PLM).
- Visualization: This capability comprises applications and a set of microservices that simplify the visualization of 3D design data in business applications.
- Common Services: You can customize different teams of users, add or remove users from the teams, and manage capability rules with the Manage Teams app.
- To get started with the capabilities of SAP Enterprise Product Development, see our Administration and Security Guides.
Did this blog post help you in finding out all what’s new with SAP Enterprise Product Development 2208? If so, share it with a friend who might benefit from it. Like, share, subscribe, and look for more information on the SAP Help. Just go to https://help.sap.com/plm_epd.
Drop a comment or follow me, there’s more to come.
Thank you very much for the post. Gets everything into a single place about this release.
Kind regards, Atilla
I couldn't agree more!