Concento RDG provides an effortless Cross Entity Rule Derivation
Concento™ Rapid Data Governance (RDG) is an SAP UI5 Cloud-Based Application that builds on the SAP Business Technology Platform to automate MDG customizing and enhancements. It provides an elegant UI and sensible logic to help users to perform necessary tasks for a typical SAP MDG implementation. It automates Data Model Maintenance, Workflow Configuration and Business Rules with an intuitive and elegant graphical interface, so users with limited specialized technical experience can perform MDG configurations.
Typically, a user must perform the steps described to create the Cross Entity Derivation.
Badi for cross entities, usmd_rule_service_cross_et.
- In SE18, enter the Badi name and display it.
- Right-click and create badi implementation.
- Enter Enhancement Class.
- The screen allows you to view and edit the implementation.
Concento RDG provides a powerful User Interface that helps a business user create MultiValue Derivation Cross Entity Rule.
Step 1: Create the Cross Entity Derivation Rule in Concento RDG
- In the Main Menu select “Manage Business Rules”.
- In the following steps, the user can select a Change Request Type from the list, select the dropdown next to the entity (The entity which contains the attribute you are deriving), and select the MultiValue Derivation.
- Add the Deriving Attribute
- Add the Driving Attributes
- Driving Attribute – The attribute to be matched against a value or check to determine the rule of the Deriving Attribute.
- Deriving Attribute – The attribute which changes based on the Driving Attribute.
- Select Cross Entity Derivation and determine whether or not dependent key entries are needed.
- Select Add Rule
- Highlight the new line to enter the rule details.
- Enter Rule Details for:
- Driving Attributes
- Workflow Step
- Deriving Attribute
- Multi-Value Derivation Rule: If BP_HEADER-BU_GROUP = “001-Int.no.assignment”, derive the attribute value BP_ROLE-BP_ROL_ID = FLCU00 and FLCU01 for every workflow step.
- You will be prompted with the Transport Request List when you click on Save. Select your TR. Followed by selecting a Package.
- The Rule will be created and displayed under the MultiValue Derivation Rule. A successful message will appear.
- The Badi Enhancement is generated in the appropriate Badi.
Step 2: Trigger the Rule in the NWBC application
- The rules created in the previous step are triggered when creating a Change Request of the type for which the rules were created in the RDG application.
- The above example shows how the Concento RDG provides a user-friendly interface to create Cross Entity Derivations.
Concento RDG is a certified SAP BTP solution available on SAP App Store. To know more details about the product, check the blog Partner Add-on Solution.
Please also check out other features of Concento RDG from blogs:
- Concento RDG automates many technical steps for MDG Data Model extension
- Concento RDG simplifies MDG rule-based workflow maintenance
- Concento RDG facilitates creation of Validation/Derivation Rule in BRFPlus
- Concento RDG provides an effortless Parallel and Dynamic Workflow maintenance
- Concento RDG simplifies Field Property Configuration, lets you change fields in the UI without any hassle
- Concento RDG – Simplifying Multi-Value Check Rules and Derivation Rules | SAP Blogs
- Concento RDG – Simplifying the Interface Configuration with RDG | SAP Blogs
Your opinions and feedback are highly appreciated and feel free to post them in comment section.
Please follow and read more interesting blogs on SAP Master Data Governance | SAP | SAP Blogs
You can also find and post questions about the product here: SAP Master Data Governance Community