How to Create Custom Tile for Custom Analytical Queries and Extend it using Custom Catalog Extension App
In this blog series i would like to share how to create Custom Tile for any Custom Analytical Queries.
Below is the apps involved
- Custom Catalog Extension
- View Browser
PART 1: Get the Query Information
1. Go to View Browser Apps
2. Search for the Query name here we are using YY1_* naming convention .
3. Check the query name and click Create Application
4. Key in the Title and Subtitle , There is delete option , only able to do that if you want to delete existing Tile.
5. Click OK and new Application ID will be generated.
PART 2: Extending the App/ Tile to the Business Catalog.
1. In the View Browser App you can click the Application ID link and Pop Up window will display the View Catalog link and Click it.
2. You will be redirected to Custom Catalog Extension Apps.
3. Click Add button to add your Apps to any Business Catalog.
4. For demo purpose we will select to Extensibility Business Catalog
5. To publish it please, check the Business Catalog and click Publish.
6. Once that Status changed to Published you can view the Apps/Tile in the respective Catalog.
We have able to expose the Custom Analytical Queries and share it to respective Business Catalog. Please refer below link if you need more info on creating custom CQA.
Please leave any comment and feedback.
Dont forget to follow me to get more update on my personal blog series.
Thank you for Sharing
Note: The Create Application button is available only in SAP Fiori Cloud, see OSS 2737876