Online Validation: Extensibility options available in SAP S/4HANA
If you already use Online Validation to verify selected system data, such as the master data of a business partner with an external service, within different business processes in different countries or regions, you probably already wondered whether you could extend this solution to your different business needs.
The good news is that there are extensibility options available. Let’s go through what’s currently available in SAP S/4HANA.
What’s available and when to extend the solution
You can use the Online Validation to validate data for:
- VAT Information Exchange System (VIES)
- List of VAT Payers (Poland)
- Bank Accounts Register (Slovakia)
If you want to use the Online Validation to a different process from the list above, you can use the extensibility options to implement your own country/region-specific validation.
How to extend the Online Validation
There are different channels you can go to find out more about how to extend the solution.
- For the required configuration settings, see Configuration for Online Validation.
- For a complete implementation description of a country/region-specific validation, see https://github.com/SAP-samples/s4hana-online-validation-extension.
You can find more information about online validation on the SAP Help Portal:
We hope these references help you in the process of extending the Online Validation according to your business needs. Got any questions, comments, or feedback? Please leave a comment in the space below.
See you next time,