SLT Réplication Server for Central Finance (cFIN) scenarios – Best Practices
In this blog post let us jot down SLT’s best practices in a CFIN implementation project.
This list would be very useful as a quick reference to see if all the pre-requisites and requirements are covered. If any of these points are missed then it may be a trouble for the overall execution of your cFIN project. These are useful for any cFIN project regardless of the project landscape, complexity or size.
Let’s get straight to the list of best practices …
1. It is always good to read the important SLT related notes in advance. Some of the more important ones are :
a) 2154420 – SAP LT Replication Server for SAP Central Finance
b) 2675613 – SLT (DMIS 2010 / DMIS 2011 / DMIS 2018 / DMIS 2020 / S/4HANA) Installation, Corrections and Release Information
c) 1605140 – SAP Landscape Transformation Replication Server (SLT)
d) 3013315 – Central Finance: Installation and Configuration for Accounting View of Logistics Information (AVL)
e) 3016862 – Note Analyzers with separated scenarios for ABAP-based Migration and Replication Technology (DMIS2011/DMIS2018/DMIS2020/SAP S/4HANA)
2. A separate SLT system should be the preferred option for productive use. Especially when we expect high data transfer rates and/or to keep independent patch/release cycles.
3. The DMIS Add-on version should be synchronized between all involved systems. Run the report CNV_NOTE_ANALYZER_SLT (note 3016862) in Central Finance System and SLT systems. Since the DMIS component is embedded in the S4CORE component, the report will help understand the DMIS equivalent of the S4HANA release and will also give us the list of relevant notes to be applied in the source and SLT systems. Do run this report at least once a month to make sure all recommended notes are there in source and SLT systems.
4. Do not let SLT related jobs run with your dialog user. Ask security team to create a BATCH user instead. Update this BATCH user in all configurations.
5. SLT configurations can be captured in TRs and can be moved to other environments, but we should save configs as local object only. Only notes should be moved in TRs.
6. Have more background work processes in SLT and target systems as most of the tasks use background work processes in these systems
7. Try to run the calculations in multiple parallel jobs to reduce the overall load time. Calculation for big tables may take weeks to complete if not planned well.
8. While load is running make sure you have enough background work processes idle in source and target systems for other tasks. Otherwise you will hear a lot of noise if work processes are exhausted.
9. Try to run major loads during odd hours and weekends to avoid resource bottlenecks.
When you create SLT configurations , all the jobs run with your Dialog user ID. It may happen that your ID is locked or expired . Also, let’s say you were a part of the project team and now the systems are in AMS after go-live. As soon as your ID is locked or expired, all jobs would be cancelled and it would be a mayhem in the project.
For this reason, as discussed in point 4 above, do not let SLT related jobs run with your dialog user. Ask security team to create a BATCH user instead. Update this BATCH user in all configurations (MT IDs)
Having a list of pre-checks will be helpful for smooth execution of the cFIN project. It is always good to have a list prepared in advance rather than doing random checks.
Supporting documentation and information :
SAP Landscape Transformation Replication Server | SAP Help Portal
2154420 – SAP LT Replication Server for SAP Central Finance – SAP ONE Support Launchpad
2675613 – SLT (DMIS 2010 / DMIS 2011 / DMIS 2018 / DMIS 2020 / S/4HANA) Installation, Corrections and Release Information – SAP ONE Support Launchpad
1605140 – SAP Landscape Transformation Replication Server (SLT) – SAP ONE Support Launchpad
3013315 – Central Finance: Installation and Configuration for Accounting View of Logistics Information (AVL) – SAP ONE Support Launchpad
3016862 – Note Analyzers with separated scenarios for ABAP-based Migration and Replication Technology (DMIS2011/DMIS2018/DMIS2020/SAP S/4HANA) – SAP ONE Support Launchpad
I hope this blog post will help you to check all the SLT side pre-requisites in any CFIN project . Thank you for spending time reading it. Please do provide your valuable feedbacks and if you have any questions, please contact me. Feel free to suggest any more points that I may have missed. Will add the same in next edit.
Please follow me on the forum for more SLT-cFIN related contents
Please follow this space for related contents: SAP Landscape Transformation replication server | SAP | SAP Blogs