Recap of the SAP Community Call for ALM on August 17, 2022
In this blog, I’d like to recap the SAP Community Call for ALM from August 17, 2022. You will find a summary of the topics as well as a collection of useful links. I will also provide a summary of the Q&A topics.
The focus topic of this call was SAP Solution Manager.
The structure of this blog post follows the order of the webcast agenda. Let’s get started!
News from the SAP Community: SAP Community Events
This month, Tonja Kehrer talked about events, a new feature in the SAP Community. In this area, you can find a nice calendar view of upcoming SAP Community events and can directly join them or register. See more here: https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/events/ct-p/events
News from SAP Product Support: SAP Solution Manager 7.2 SPS 15 & LM-SERVICE
Next, Romy Sachse shared some news from SAP Product Support. With SAP Solution Manager 7.2 SPS 15 SAP will change the relation between the ST (ABAP) and LM-SERVICE / SOLMANDIAG (Java) software components.
For SAP Solution Manager 7.2 SPS 15 you will have ST 720 SP15 on ABAP, while on Java side the LM-SERVICE will be 720 SP14.
If you are planning to update to or do a new installation of SAP Solution Manager 7.2 SPS 15, refer to SAP Note 3150425 – “Solution Manager 7.2 SP Stack 15: recommended corrections” for all necessary information.
More useful links:
- KBA 2771041– “Solution Manager 7.2: Support Package stack levels”
- Use Maintenance Planner to calculate all required software components.
- KBA 3012641 – “Guide Finder for SAP Solution Manager 7.2 Installation, Migration and Update” helps to find relevant guides
SAP Solution Manager
Evan Stoddard presented an overview of the functional enrichments in the implementation part of SPS15. As this included many details, I only can share some highlights here (many of them coming from customer connection requests!):
- Enhanced where-used list
- generate version documents or process diagrams
- Multi-selection of elements when documenting a process
- Open executables with SAP GUI for HTML
- Test Plan Management: Assign to new test package
- Test Sequence: Parallel execution
- Analytics: Test Plan Preparation Completeness report
Change Control Management
- Consistent cleanup of imported transport requests in STMS import queue
- Housekeeping for import logs collected via the import feedback mechanism
- Release Planning – Display only Open Release Cycles
- Retrofit Configuration Check
For more details, please refer to the recording of the call.
SAP Cloud ALM
Afterwards, Evan shared the great news of the availability of content for SAP Ariba in SAP Cloud ALM. For implementations, can now find 7 solution scenarios with 37 solution processes as well as SAP Ariba Activate Roadmap tasks in SAP Cloud ALM. For operations, there is integration and exception monitoring available for SAP Ariba Sourcing, Procurement, Network, Cloud Integration Gateway (CIG) messages.
Find out more on the Supported Solutions page!
SAP Focused Run
Stefan Lahr shared a new customer success story about SAP Focused Run and Evonik. You can read the success story here.
As usual, Tim Steuer asked the participants some questions using Mentimeter. The questions this month focused on SPS15 and on SAP Cloud ALM for SAP Ariba.
Upcoming Events: What’s going on?
- SAP Community Call for SAP Cloud ALM Experts: September 7 (register)
- SAP Signavio Business Transformation Forum Orlando: September 20-22 (register)
- DSAG Jahreskongress Leipzig: October 11-13 (register)
- SAP Cloud ALM What’s New Quarterly Update: October 27 & 28 (register)
Find out about all ALM Events here: https://support.sap.com/alm-events
The next SAP Community Call for ALM will take place on September 21, at 4pm CEST / 10am EST.
Remember: you have to register yourself again to receive invitations for future ALM calls!
Need more ALM news? Join our newsletter!
Register here for our new monthly ALM newsletter to get the latest ALM information delivered directly to your inbox!
Wrap-Up: Let us know what you think!
You can find the recording of the ALM Community Call from August 17 here.
The presentation of the call can be downloaded here.
Please let us know in the comments section if this blog was useful and if you would like us to continue with this after every ALM Community Call!