New Book on SAP S/4HANA Cloud for Advanced Financial Closing
Dear Finance Experts,
If you are interested in a structured introduction to SAP S/4HANA Cloud for advanced financial closing, or a reference book that provides a holistic overview of SAP’s strategic closing orchestration solution we have good news for you: Together with Rheinwerk Publishing and TruQua we just released a new book “Introducing SAP S/4HANA Cloud for Advanced Financial Closing (AFC)“.
Who is the target audience of the book?
Our new book is intended for readers who want to familiarize themselves with the business context, capabilities, benefits and implementation of AFC. This comprises decision makers within the finance departments and also process owners and product managers, especially focusing on Record-to-report and financial close topics. Typical readers could also be consultants, key users, project members and end users of AFC.
What does the book cover?
With 92 pages of packed knowledge, the book focuses on providing a broad overview of AFC. It does not explain each screen and checkbox of the user interface, but ranges from basics like the architecture, integration and release process, the main functionalities and applications within the solution up to recommendations for initiating an implementation project and running AFC productively. Also, the book contains an outlook into the future product direction and how to stay current, which is quite important with this fast-paced SaaS solution that provides new features every month.
Table of contents
- Advanced Financial Close Basics: Introduction to financial closing and related terms, key capabilities, system landscape, connectivity options, architecture
- Design Your Financial Close: Organizing the close process, shared services and operating models, project team organization
- Run Your Financial Close: All AFC functions around managing, processing and approving closing tasks
- Dashboards and Reporting: All AFC functions around embedded analytics and close monitoring, setup of reporting characteristics to reflect organizational specifics
- Initiating Your Financial Closing Project: From the tenant provisioning process to user management, configuration and change management
- Future Innovations: Insights into the big innovations on the AFC roadmap and how to stay current.
What does it look like?
How can you get the book?
You can find more information on the book including the possibility to purchase here – the book is currently only available as E-Book, but at some events like SAPInsider or the International Conference on Financial Close and Reporting, we will bring print copies with us.
What are you waiting for?
Thank you for taking the time and reading this blog post.
For more information about SAP S/4HANA Cloud for advanced financial closing, check out the following links:
- SAP Community Page for Advanced Financial Closing: here
- SAP Help Portal for AFC: here
- AFC in the SAP Roadmap Explorer: here
- SAP.com page about AFC: here