Shelf Life Inspection Process- Option 1
The main purpose of the Shelf-life inspection to provide solution on extension of Shelf-life of Raw materials as per SOP / QA (Quality Assurance) / QC (Quality Control) Decisions based on inspection of required material with required characteristics.
Shelf-life inspection concept has been introduced in SAP ECC & S/4HANA with purpose to simplify Shelf-life extension problem. The main objectives of the Shelf-life inspection to provide solution on extension of Shelf-life of Raw materials as per SOP / QA (Quality Assurance) / QC (Quality Control) Decisions based on inspection of required material with required characteristics.
Problem / Pain Area:
Some raw material (chemical / dyes) having expiry on specific dd-mm-yyyy but during inspection of material, it observed that material batch shelf life can be extended for certain dd-mm-yyyy due to multiple quality constrains.
Currently some industries are replacing shelf-life date manually in batch using MSC2N after decision taken by quality teams but in system nothing is recorded. Every data available in manually in data sheets only. So, in case of any deep dive study, it is very difficult to manage / understand concerns for consumed material batch.
Steps of Solution:
- Configure Custom Inspection Type as Z9
- Configure a new Task list usage
Within a task list group, you can create different task list types with different usages. For example, you can distinguish among the following usages: model inspections, goods receipt inspections, inspections for goods returned from a customer, product audits and goods issue inspections. With the task list usage, the system can find an appropriate task list for a certain inspection type.
- Configure new inspection type as Z9
Define the inspection types and the controls associated with the inspection type.
- Assign inspection type to Origin ‘9’
Make settings for inspection lot origins and assign inspection types.
Also The default values you define in this step are used for new materials having this inspection type assigned. The values are relevant for the inspection setup that is defined in the Quality Management view of the material master.
- Create Custom Table
- Custom table needs to create:
- Material Group
- No of days (Shelf Life – Inspection Days)
- UD Code
- Enhancement in MIGO to update batch next inspection date
Enhancement Implementation needs to execute :
- Configure follow-up action
- Create new FM
FM Need to develop for follow-up action assignment and master data updation:
- Add new followup action
Several processing variations are possible for follow-up actions:
- A manual trigger of activities to be carried out manually.
- A manual trigger of activities to be processed by the system.
- Assignment of follow up action with UD code
You are in complex table maintenance, which contains several subs
dialogs. The relationship among the dialogs is shown in the dialog
- Maintain custom table as per business requirement
- Next Inspection date should be updated during GRN in batch header value
- Schedule job of Transaction QA07 for recurring inspection as mentioned fields per attached snapshot.
- Inspection lot will be created after execution of this job if next inspection date is less than equal to current date.
- Results recording will be executed by QA / QC team
- Usage decision taken by QA team
- Enter required SLED date for material batch
- Check Follow-up action should be display after selection of UD code.
- After Save data has been updated in Material / Batch
- Stock moved to Unrestricted from Quality
- All inspections / activities carried out through SAP inspection lots / results recording
- No chance of manual mistakes
- Specified Quality validation protocols in SAP system
Pls follow my profile for future blogs related to SAP Production Planning & Execution and Quality Management.
Do let me know your views and suggestion to make this blog post better. Thanks for taking your timeout to read this blog post.