Generate Custom Supplier Certificates via Generic Withholding Tax in SAP Document and Reporting Compliance(formerly known as Advanced Compliance Reporting – ACR)
Generic withholding tax reporting helps you configure based on your country/region-specific or company-specific requirements.
The report identifies withholding tax-relevant transactions for the reporting period and generates an ALV output that lists these transactions and groups them based on organizational unit, business partner, tax type, and tax code.
This report can be used to report only extended withholding tax documents or line items. However, withholding tax certificate cannot be generated with the standard solution.
In this blog post, I will cover a simple way to extend the generic withholding tax report (GENC_WHT) and add new correspondence section to generate withholding tax certificate.
- Go to Tcode SEGW and create SAP Gateway Service. For this example, we will refer Mexico Gateway Service. Gateway service FDP_FIWTMX_CERT (which is available from SAP S/4HANA 1809 OP Onwards). Figure 1: Mexico Gateway Service
- Expand the SAP Gateway Service and go through the Data Model, Associations, Entity Sets and Association Sets. In Entity Type – Query Node will be used for passing filter from DRC(Formerly known as ACR ). In case of Mexico we will generate the certificate for every Unique Supplier, company code , language and Withholding tax Income Type Figure 2: Query Node – to be exposed in Document and Reporting Compliance
- Navigate to Runtime Artifacts and Use class CL_FDP_FIWTMX_CERT_DPC_EXT to populate data in the certificateFigure 3: SAP Gateway Artifacts
- Implement the method MXWHTHEADERSET_GET_ENTITY to populate data in the certificateFigure 4: Sample Data provider Implementation
- Note the Service name and maintain it in the Adobe Form.Figure 5: SAP Gateway Service – to be consumed in Adobe Forms
- Go to Tcode SFP, enter the form name as FIWTMX_CERT to refer already developed Mexico Certificate.Figure 6: Form Builder
- The Form should be of type XFA2, maintain the SAP Gateway Service Name FDP_FIWTMX_CERT_SRV.Figure 7: Mexico Adobe Form for reference
- Go to Utilities and download the form layout. The layout should be downloaded with XDP extensions.Figure 8: Download Form layout
- Extend the generic withholding tax reporting (GENC_WHT_V0) Figure 9: Extend Generic Withholding Tax Reporting
- Create a New document in the correspondence section in your report definition and provide the following details.
- Correspondence ID – ZCORSP
- Form Template – FIWTMX_CERT
- Query ID – GET_SUMMARY_BP_ITEMS
- Correspondence Name – Mexico Supplier Certificate
- Output Type – ACCT_WHT(Specifically created for Withholding tax certificate)Figure 10: Correspondence Section
- Click on the correspondence line and map the query columns. This unique combination will decide on number of output forms in the correspondence section.Figure 11: Map Query columns to be passed to SAP Gateway Service
- Download XSD as shown below(The report should be open in Edit Mode)Figure 12: Download Schema
- After downloading the XSD, open Adobe LiveCycle Designer. Open the earlier downloaded layout for Form and perform mappingFigure 13: Adobe Form Layout in Adobe LiveCycle Designer
- Right click on the data connection and add New data connection, choose XML schema and upload the XSD(which was downloaded from Extended Report Definition).Figure 14: Import SchemaFigure 15: Map fields from the Imported Schema
- Perform the mapping and upload the layout in Tcode SFP and activate the Form.Figure 16: Upload the Form and Activate
- Go to SPRO and navigate to path below, click on New Entry and maintain the custom form details: Cross-Application Components > Output Control > Assign Form TemplatesFigure 17: Maintain Custom Form Details
- Extend generic reporting category and maintain the extended report definition in the activity section.Figure 18: Extended Generic Withholding Tax Report Category
- Go to Run Compliance section and enter the report nameFigure 19: Run Compliance Report
- Choose the extended reporting activity and execute the reportFigure 20: Execute the Extended Activity
- You can view the correspondence form in the business partner Reporting SectionFigure 21: Partner Correspondence
- Once you click on the display Icon , it will trigger the class CL_FDP_FIWTMX_CERT_DPC_EXT and the form will be populatedFigure 22: Generated Partner Certificate
Figure 23: Summary
Thank you for reading!
Drop a like or comment below if you found the above steps useful and do let me know in the comments section if you are looking for any other specific use case of US report extensibility.
Very Interesting post explaining this solution. I understand you are using the OData services as data provider to fetch data from backend system to generate the PDF.
Would it be possible, with the DRC framework, to trigger the creation of PDF form based on ABAP data structures called from class/methods without using the gateway service?
Yes, it is possible to generate PDF under legal section in DRC framework using CDS/Class Method as query sources. The schema can be generated using the DDIC Structure/JSON/XSD (like the legal file). This schema can be downloaded from DRC and then you can follow Step 13-15. Step 16 is not required for Legal Section.
However, if you need the Certificate in correspondence section, ODATA is the only option.
Thanks for the quick answer. I see your pojnt, by not using the correspondence/oData I'd simply create a generic file output, so my user would need to download the PDF as a file and send to the corresponding partner manually.
Very Informative ! Thanks for sharing.
Nicely Documented. Keep posting.!