What’s New in SAP Analytics Cloud Release 2022.17
SAP Analytics Cloud is a single solution for business intelligence (BI), augmented and predictive analytics, and enterprise planning with the power of artificial intelligence and machine learning technology. It helps everyone in your organization make fast, confident decisions.
This blog post introduces the features of the SAP Analytics Cloud 2022.17 release available for SAP Analytics Cloud FastTrack customers. For SAP Analytics Cloud Quarterly Release Cycle (QRC) customers, this release and its features will be available as part of the QRC Q4 2022 release. View the QRC release schedule here.
System Administration and Technical Requirements
Although not required, you may upgrade to the latest SAP Analytics Cloud agent version 1.0.355 to take advantage of all data acquisition types.
The agent’s minimum version remains at 1.0.75, with the following exceptions:
- Version 1.0.99 for SAP ERP/SQL Database
- Version 1.0.91 for SAP universe (UNX)
- Version 1.0.233 for SAP Business Warehouse (BW)
- Version 1.0.235 for SAP HANA View
- Version 1.0.248 for File Server
For more information, see System Requirements and Technical Prerequisites.
- Dashboard & Story Design
- Enterprise Planning
Dashboard & Story Design
Histogram Support for the New Model in Optimized Story Experience
Histogram for models with multiple accounts is now supported in Optimized Story Experience.
Users with an old story in optimized view mode can re-save the story to access this feature.
Users with an old story in optimized design experience can switch to edit mode to access this feature.
Rank and Sort on Color Dimension
Users can now choose to ungroup the color dimension in a chart for more flexibility in the representation of the data.
- With ‘Ungroup Color Axis’ selected:
- The legend of the chart displays members in the sorted order even if there are null/unbooked values or gaps present in the data. Moreover, ranking on the color dimension will be applied independently, ignoring the outer dimension grouping
- With ‘Group Color Axis’ selected:
- The sorting of color legend will reflect the ordering of datapoints in the chart. Moreover, the ranking will be applied as per the outer dimension grouping
- Group color axis is similar to what we see in the classic story experience
Any new stories created in Optimized Design Experience will have “Ungroup Color Axis” selected as default.
Integrated List/Gantt Workspace in Calendar
The list and gantt chart workspaces have been combined to create one integrated workspace called “List”. This single workspace combines the overview and flexibility of the list workspace with the visualization strength of the gantt chart, eliminating the need for planning users to switch between workspaces when designing and monitoring larger planning processes. This new “List” workspace is the default for new users.
Buttons have been added to the toolbar for an improved user experience in this workspace:
- Toggle button to enable/disable gantt chart visibility beside the list
- Adjustable list/gantt proportion
- Zoomable Gantt inside the selected time range
- Legend for understanding the icons and shapes
This blog post only provides a high-level overview of the latest features and enhancements of SAP Analytics Cloud. You can find more details on these features in your In-App Help Guide for FastTrack customers and see this SAP Knowledge Base Article if you’d like to learn more about FastTrack and Quarterly Release Cycle releases.
If you have any questions, you can comment below or post a question to our SAP Analytics Cloud Questions & Answers forum. Visit our SAP Analytics Cloud Community pages to find more product information, best practices, and more. And check out our SAP Road Map Explorer to see more upcoming features of SAP Analytics Cloud.