SAF-T for Romania: All you need to know to get started with the solution available in SAP S/4HANA and SAP ERP
If your company do business in Romania, there are good news for you: the Standard Audit File – Taxation (or SAF-T) solution has been made available to enable you to report your business transactional data.
With the Standard Audit File – Taxation (or SAF-T) report, you can generate reporting files with the information required by the National Agency for Fiscal Administration (ANAF) to fulfill the legal requirements for the D406 declaration.
As the D406 declaration consists of four types of declaration, the solution delivery has been planned in phases:
- Phase 1: Monthly/Quarterly declaration for Romanian resident companies (L/T).
- Phase 2: Declaration for stocks (C) based on Tax authority request after first Monthly/Quarterly declaration.
- Phase 3: Annual Declaration for assets (A) based on financial annual reporting.
- Phase 4: Monthly/Quarterly declaration for Romanian non-resident companies (NL/NT).
What’s available in the different releases and what is yet to come
With the current solution released in April/May, 2022, you can already prepare monthly/quarterly declaration for Romanian resident companies.
The SAF-T for Romania is available in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, SAP S/4HANA, and SAP ERP.
For SAP S/4HANA and SAP ERP, you can implement the solution via SAP Notes. Here’s the central note you can go to find out more: SAP Note 3133675.
You can check the following SAP Notes to help you implementing the solution:
- 3140511 – SAF-T (RO): Collective Note on the SAF-T Reporting Solution for Romania (S4HANA)
- 3140551 – SAF-T (RO): Collective Note on the SAF-T Reporting Solution for Romania (ERP)
Here there are two getting started materials to help you in the implementation process:
Below you find more details about the solution available in SAP S/4HANA.
Getting authorization and configuring the report in SAP S/4HANA
These are the prerequisites to run the SAF-T report:
- Role authorization: Make sure the SAP_BR_GL_ACCOUNTANT_RO has been adjusted with the SAF-T details. For more information, see Country/Region-Specific Role Authorizations.
- Configuration settings: Follow the step-by-step information described in Make Customizing Settings for Standard Audit File – Taxation (SAF-T).
- When maintaining the general ledger accounts, keep in mind that the parameter selection regarding the Main or Alternative G/L Account should match with the settings in the Classify G/L Account configuration activity.
- Business Partner Classification: This is a prerequisite when maintaining the master data for your business partners in the Maintain Business Partner app.
For the BP Role Supplier (Fin. Accounting) and Company Code segments, select Vendor:Ctry-Spec. Enh. tab. For each business partner, proceed as follows:
- Enter a validity date. Example: 01.01.2022 – 30.04.2099.
- Enter the VAT registration number according to the tax authority classification.
- Enter tax type 6.
For business partners that need to be excluded from the master file, enter tax type 7.
When the master data of your customers and business partners comes from the item instead of being defined in the Maintain Business Partner app, the tax number is set to empty.
Once you’re ready, you can run the SAF-T report.
How to run the report
Check this video to have an overview on how it is to run the report in SAP S/4HANA with SAP Document and Reporting Compliance:
For more information about the SAF-T report, see the product assistance on SAP Help Portal:
Thanks for reading! Hope this gives the overview you need to get started with the SAF-T report.
Got any questions or feedback? Please leave a comment below or give feedback about the product assistance directly on the SAP Help Portal by using the comments feature.
See you next time,
thank you for this helpful blog!
Is there a possibility to do a mass update of the Business Partner Classification in SAP S4/HANA Cloud?
In the Mass Maintenance - Business Partner app I did not find BP Type Assignment fields and it would be a high effort to update them manually.
Thank you and BR
Thanks for the feedback and for the question!
I'm afraid I'm not an expert on the Maintain Business Partner app, but it seems there's an option to use the central API for mass data processing. For more information about this app and related features, see Maintain Business Partner.
Hope that helps.
In S/4 promise where is ?
To configure the Romania SAF-T report, make the required settings in the Setting Up Your Statutory Reporting Customizing activity ?
It depends on the SAP S/4HANA release you're working with. In the highest SAP S/4HANA releases, you can find it in Customizing for Cross-Application Components under General Application Functions > Document and Reporting Compliance > Country/Region-Specific Settings > Romania > Statutory Reporting > Standard Audit File - Taxation (SAF-T) > General Settings > Setting Up Your Statutory Reporting.
Let us double check it internally too and update the documentation accordingly.
Hope that helps.
I'm working on this issue for our small subsidiary in Romania on a ECC system
I refer to OSS nore 3139818 - SAF-T (RO) prerequisite, because we at teh moment we have not the component "Document compliance Framework" which is teh prerequisite #1 in the note.
The note contains a few different links to SAP Help portal, but these are not working so I can't undestrand what I have to do to check is my system is compliant or what I have to do to make it compliant. Can anybody check the note and send info where to check "Document compliance Framework" information.
Thank for your reply
Could you please try accessing the links below?
You can find more information about the installation of Document Compliance Framework here:
SAP Basis Releases Required for Document Compliance Framework - SAP Help Portal
Document Compliance Framework Availability by Release and Support Package - SAP Help Portal
1.2 General:Installation of Document Compliance Framework - SAP Help Portal
1.3. How to install if you do not have the latest SP level:
Transport-based:Installation of TCI for Document Compliance Framework - SAP Help Portal
Manual: Manual Installation of SAP Notes for Document Compliance Framework - SAP Help Portal
Corrections and Enhancements: Corrections and Enhancements as of Framework 26 - SAP Help Portal
Hope that helps.