New My Home in SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2208 – Admin Guide
The new My Home space in SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2208 offers an enhanced SAP S/4HANA experience and helps your business users do their job with greater speed and agility by providing them with easy access to relevant insights, tasks, and applications. In SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2208 we follow an ‘opt-in’ approach. This means that administrators need to activate the new My Home space. This short blog is a quick guide for administrator to activate and configure new My Home. Check the overview and outlook blog as well as the deep dive blog to find out more about new My Home.
- To use the new My Home space, you must first enable spaces and pages. For more information, check Structure the SAP Fiori Launchpad Layout with Spaces.
- My Home runs best with the new Horizon visual theme for SAP Fiori, but also supports other themes such as Quartz, Belize, and custom themes.
- To activate new My Home, you must enable both the SPACES_MYHOME and SPACES_CUSTOM_HOME settings in the Manage Launchpad Settings app.
Settings SPACES_CUSTOM_HOME OFF ON SPACES_MYHOME OFF My Home space not available Not supported ON My Home space available New My Home available
Note: For SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2208, SPACES_CUSTOM_HOME is “OFF” by default. To use new My Home you need to turn this setting “ON”.
- New My Home offers a palette of 8 colors that can be changed using a custom theme.
- Using key user adaptation (Adapt UI in the User Actions menu) you can:
- Activate the news feed and define the RSS feed
- Manage the default page layout (section visibility/order)
- Define the colors and icons of pages
Note: To get key user capabilities, a user must have the catalog SAP_CORE_BC_EXT_FLEX attached to their role. For more information on the key user role, see The Key User Extensibility Tools of SAP S/4 HANA.
- To make Situations visible in the To Dos section of new My Home, you need to attach the business catalog SAP_CA_BC_SITN_MYSITUATION_PC to the relevant role, so that users can access the app My Situations and/or My Situations Extended.
We hope you enjoy working with new My Home in SAP S/4HANA Cloud and look forward to your feedback! Stefanie Hager, on behalf of the SAP UX Engineering team responsible for new My Home in SAP S/4HANA.