Upload files in SAP Process Automation
With SAP Process Automation, you now have the availability to upload files in your forms.
The citizen developers can also restrict the number of files to be uploaded for each file input field.
Approver can download the form when he is approving the tasks in his Inbox.
The UI element File Upload is visible in the Form, after completing the pre-requisites.
1. Enable Document Management Service in SAP BTP account
2. Create a Destination for Document Manage Service in your BTP Cockpit. For more information, refer to the documentation.
Please find the video on setting up DMS.
Build a Form with File Upload
1. Create a Form and drag and drop the File Upload.
2. Create an approval Form and drag and drop the File Upload. Make it read-only since it is sent to the Approver for review.
3. Build your process as shown below and bind the parameters of the Input form with the file parameters of the Approval Form.
4. Save, Release, and Deploy the process
Run the business process
Once the Invoice is uploaded and submitted, it goes for approval.
You can find the Approval form with the uploaded invoice document as an attachment in the Approval form which is available for download.
How to retrieve the attachments uploaded through Forms?
Refer to the blogpost for more details.
For more information on SAP Process Automation, please refer to the following sources:
- Exchange knowledge: SAP Community | Q&A| Blogs
- Explore: SAP Product Page | Product Demo
- Learn more: SAP Help Portal | SAP Learning Journey
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube
- SAP Process Automation Best Practice Series.