Seamless Collaboration on legal documents in S/4HANA
Today, I would like to introduce an amazing solution that customers have been requesting for quite a long time: collaboration on legal documents.
As of summer 2022, SAP S/4HANA for enterprise contract management offers a seamless integration with Microsoft Teams for collaboration on legal documents with internal and external stakeholders such as customers, suppliers, and partners. This feature is available for Cloud, Private Cloud, and On Premise (2022 Release).
- Create new collaboration: A new collaboration can be triggered from within a legal transaction by, for example, a buyer, seller, contract manager, or legal expert.
- View or edit scope: By defining the scope, edit or display, members are able to review or update files.
- Collaboration on documents: One or more documents can be included in the collaboration.
- Collaborate with contacts: You can create a collaboration with multiple internal and/or external stakeholders. This then automatically creates a new Microsoft Team, sends invitations to the selected members, and uploads the selected documents. If one of your stakeholders does not have an MS Teams account yet, one is automatically created for them.
- Secure and fully controlled collaboration: The secured platform enables the tracking of changes to the documents. As long as a collaboration is in process, the documents are locked for editing in the legal transaction in SAP S/4HANA to support fully controlled collaboration process.
- Complete collaboration when ready: Setting the collaboration to completed automatically closes the MS Team, and documents can no longer be edited in this MS Team.
- Automatically upload final versions: The final versions are automatically uploaded to the legal transaction. From this point on, the documents are unlocked and can be processed further in SAP S/4HANA, for example, for approvals and (e-)signing.
So, with the new collaboration feature, you no longer need to e-mail contract documents back and forth, since everything is handled transparently and within the integrated solutions.
- Easy to use
- Controlled collaboration process
- Improved efficiency
Take a look at this short video to see how to start a new collaboration from a Legal Transaction in SAP S/4HANA, how documents are redlined, accepted, and automatically uploaded back into the Legal Transaction: https://share.video.sap.com/media/t/1_8mzbwafv