Offline Price Update for Purchase Contracts via Microsoft Excel
In this blog we will discuss about the offline mass update of price conditions using the fiori app “Mass Changes to Purchase Contracts”. With this app, you can perform mass update os multiple purchasing contracts simultaneously.
Points to Note:
- Condition Group ID number in the downloaded excel is used to identify a particular condition record belonging to a particular validity and should be same for main and supplementary conditions in one group.
- For creating new condition record, dummy condition group ID number can be passed which is unique for info record condition type validity.
- Validity for supplementary and main condition within same condition group ID should always be same and it cannot be different.
- Deleting the main condition also deletes the corresponding supplementary condition which belongs to the same group.
- Deleting the supplementary condition will only delete the supplementary condition.
What are the Scenarios covered in offline mass Update/Create/Delete – Price Condition?
Price conditions scenarios via Microsoft Excel:
- Scenario 1: Creating new condition records and grouping main and supplementary condition under one validity via Microsoft Excel.
- Scenario 2: Adding new supplementary condition record to the existing base condition record.
- Scenario 3: Updating existing condition record for the downloaded purchase contracts.
- Scenario 4: Deleting the existing condition record for purchase contract.
Scenario 1: Creating new condition records and grouping condition record under same validity via Microsoft Excel.
Prerequisite: User shall fill in the required details for contract header and Item sheets
Steps to create new condition record via Microsoft Excel:
Step 1: For creating new purchase contract enter Purchase Document number as dummy reference number in Pricing Condition sheet which would connect other sheets (Header and Item).
Step 2: Enter values for all other fields (Condition type, Validity, Price etc…) and fill in Value for Condition Group ID.
Screenshot for adding only Base condition- PPR0, Condition Group ID – 1
- Condition Group ID number shall be used to group the condition record for one info record for a particular validity. (Ex: When User wanted to add two condition one base and one supplementary for condition validity)
Screenshot for Adding supplementary condition -FA01 to the base condition PPR0 in Same condition type and validity .
Step 3: Enter Is New flag to X
Scenario 2: Adding new supplementary condition record to the existing base condition record.
Prerequisite: Download the existing Info record with condition record to a Microsoft excel file.
Steps to add new condition record via Microsoft Excel:
Note: Validity for supplementary and main condition within same group ID should always be same and it cannot be different.
Step 1: Open the downloaded excel and navigate to the Pricing sheet.
Step 2: Enter the required details in new row (Info record number, Condition type, Validity, Price etc…) and fill in the value for Condition Group ID – Which should be same as Base condition PPR0.
Note: For existing info record which we have downloaded condition group id is generated and available in downloaded excel.
Step 3: Enter Is New flag to X and upload the excel file.
Scenario 3: Updating existing condition record for the downloaded info record
Prerequisite: Download the Info Record to a Microsoft Excel file
Step 1: Update the allowed values as per the excel configuration maintained in the system for fields.
Step 2: Upload the excel in the system and check for the successful update.
Screenshot for Amount update:
Scenario 4: Deleting the existing condition record for info record:
Steps to delete the condition record via Microsoft excel upload:
Step 1: Download the info records to a Microsoft Excel file.
Step 2: Flag ‘X’ deletion indicator for main or supplementary condition record.
Step 3: Upload the excel in the system and check for the successful deletion.
All views expressed in this blogs are my own, it may also subject to change.
Hi Karthik, thanks so much for the useful blog created, I will share it with my customer.