SAP Mobile Start for Android adds To Dos on start screen and more
I am happy to announce that last week we released SAP Mobile Start for Android v1.3 to the Google Play Store.
With this release we accomplished an important milestone, as it brings the Android app to the same release version and feature set as the iOS version*.
Going forward this allows us to release new features simultaneously for Android and iOS, providing additional value to all of our users at the same time.
If you are new to SAP Mobile Start, SAP’s native entry point to the Intelligent Enterprise, make sure to read my previous blog SAP Mobile Start for Android is available today for an introduction.
Read on below for an overview of this release and some impressions of the new features or download the latest version directly from the Play Store!
- We added a To Do section to the Start screen showing your latest to-dos.
- You can now swipe to dismiss a notification in the notification center.
- For administrators: We made some changes to the Mobile Device Management (MDM) structure of the app.
- We updated to the just released SAP SDK BTP for Android 5.0.
- We fixed some UI and Accessibility bugs and improved the overall performance of our app.
Try it out today
You can download SAP Mobile Start directly from the Google Play Store. The app comes with a built-in demo mode which is great to just try out the new features or experience the app for the first time. If your system is already set-up you can also directly connect it to your SAP Fiori launchpad.
Please share your feedback or thoughts in the comments and make sure you follow our Tag SAP Mobile Start!
* except iOS exclusive features Spotlight search and Siri Shortcuts