Product Updates for SAP Business Application Studio – Release 2207
release 2207 of SAP Business Application Studio is now available to all customers. In this blog post I’m happy to share with you some of the new features included in this release.
SAP Business Application Studio: New booster and availability in multiple regions
Setting up SAP Business Application Studio’s visual development tools in your SAP BTP global account is now easier with a dedicated booster. The “Get started with SAP Business Application Studio” booster helps you to create a new subaccount, or modify an existing subaccount, and automatically perform steps such as enabling Cloud Foundry, assigning users and service quota, adding required entitlements to the subaccount, and creating role collections assigned to specified users. For more details, including the differences to the former low-code/no-code booster, and news around availability in more regions, I strongly recommend you to read the blog post by Ludo Noens: Boosting the Low-code experience in SAP Business Application Studio into multiple regions.
API Hub Enterprise integration
The API Business Hub Enterprise service provider is now integrated in the Service Center. The following actions and capabilities are included:
- Develop an API with API key protection and publish it with a product in the API Business Hub Enterprise
- SAP Business Application Studio and API Business Hub Enterprise can reside in 2 different subaccounts and regions in SAP BTP, connected via a destination
- Explore the published products and services from the API Business Hub Enterprise in SAP Business Application Studio
- SAP Business Application Studio will register users to the API Business Hub Enterprise and subscribe them to the published products
- Preview the explored service entities and live data
- Create a frontend Fiori or HTML application or add the service to an existing CAP project based on the selected service
For more details, see API Business Hub Enterprise Service Provider.
SAP Continuous Integration and Delivery service integration
The new SAP Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) view in SAP Business Application Studio allows you to view and manage CI/CD pipeline jobs. Additionally, the guided development supports you with the creation and configuration of new pipeline jobs for your low-code based full-stack cloud applications.
Summarizing the highlights of this feature:
- Out-of-the-box integration with SAP Continuous Integration and Delivery service
- Create a job and configure the required steps using guided development
- Quick access to the last build status and logs
- Get notifications on build status and progress in SAP Business Application Studio
- Quick access to SAP Continuous Integration and Delivery application
SAP Business Application Studio Hands-on reCAP 2022 session
The recording of the reCAP 2022 session “Develop CAP Applications the Low-Code Way with SAP Business Application Studio” is now available on YouTube. Speakers Yuval Anafi, Product Owner, SAP Business Application Studio, and Tim Back, Chief Architect, SAP BTP, demoed the development of a cloud application for Capex request management utilizing visual editors and productivity tools in SAP Business Application Studio which leverage the SAP Cloud Application Programming Model and SAP Fiori tools.
You can watch other sessions here.
All the best,