Moving Analytical content via Transport Management
Transport Management is a mechanism for moving different content types between tenants of SAP Cloud for Customer. Its only available in Customer Tenants but not Partner Tenants.
You can make use of this Transport Management mechanism for transfer of analytics content as well across tenants instead of recreating the objects again.
To start with first we need to set up the Transport route between the two tenants between which you would like to transfer the content. The Source tenant will be the tenant from which the content is exported like downloading the content in case of upload Download mechanism and the Target tenant will be the tenant to which the content is imported like uploading the content. In order to create Transport Route, please follow the steps below:
- Goto Service Control Center work center and access the view Systems >This list down the Active systems and its current status
- Click on More and select Create Transport Route – In the pop screen the source system details are automatically filled and greyed out
- Enter the Target System System ID under the Target Data
- Once the Transport Route is created it can be seen under the systems when you click on System ID of Target System > Available Transport Route section
- Now to transfer the content navigate to Administrator work center > Transport Management and create New Transport Request
- Provide Transport Request Name > Save and Open
- In Transport Objects tab Click on Select under Available Transport Objects and Select Transport Object type Analytical ContentWe have option to select the following object types which you can transfer in Analytical content:
- Data Source
- Key Figure
8. Select the relevant Object types which you would like to transfer and its object ID in the below box using F4
11. Now under the Target Systems tab Add System to which you would like to transfer the content.
- Mandatory Dependencies will be added automatically with the Selected Transport Object
- Optional Dependencies can be added from the Actions dropdown
If you are unsure why a dependency was added, you can click Explain Dependency in the Selected Transport Objects
13. Click on Assemble and check the status in the Transport Logs
14. Once the Assemble is completed Transport Request can be Released through the Actionsmenu
15. Now navigate to the Target Tenant Administrator work center >Transport Management to Activate the Transport Request
18. This will change the Status from Imported to Activated / Partially Activated
19. Partially Activated means that some of the Transport Objects could not Activated and further information can be found in the Transport Logs
20. Once the Objects are activated, they are now part of the Target environment
I hope this information is helpful for transferring analytical content. Please share you feedback in the below comments. Also, let me know if you would like to know about any analytical topics which I can write blog and share.
Great blog! Very detailed!
Thanks Trivedhi, Great blog!
I suggest only two points of attention for which in my experience it is not possible to use this method of transport. (Please correct me if I'm wrong!)
1) SDK fields added to reports.
The solution is different between test (Patch) and Prod (Solution real), the namespce is therefore different and this prevents the activation of the report in production.
Solution expected by SAP: single namespace between test and prod solutions.
2) Custom Relative Selections.
A report with a custom relative selection can be activated but causes selection problems in the production environment.
Solution expected by SAP: the relative selections are also transported as mandatory dependent objects like the custom fields KUT added in the reports.