Sneak Peek into SAP Analytics Cloud release for Q3 2022
It’s Q3 already and we have a number of very exciting features in SAP Analytics Cloud. In this blog we give you a Sneak Peek in to our Top 5. A full list of what is coming can be found on our Roadmap Explorer or the Product Plan.
Data Integration – bi-directional transfer with SAP Data Warehouse Cloud
One of the big focus areas for 2022 is the integration of SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Data Warehouse Cloud to form the ultimate power couple.
Great news for Planning users who can now transfer data between SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Data Warehouse Cloud. For example they can:
- Load data (such as actuals) from SAP Data Warehouse Cloud into SAP Analytics Cloud
- Retract forecast and planning data from SAP Analytics Cloud to SAP Data Warehouse Cloud to display only the leaf members associated with the specific hierarchy selection
Another step forward showing SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP Data Warehouse Cloud as the ultimate power couple.
SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (SAP BPC) – API for planning sequence
This quarter we also bring you an API which gives you the ability to execute planning sequences in analytical applications with Live SAP BPC connections. This includes support for planning sequences as simple as Deleting plan data to more sophisticated sequences involving multiple steps, prompts and even a final publishing step.
Another important feature is the ability to expose variables in the planning sequence and the current value.
Optimized story experience – linked analysis, measure based filter, and other new features
Optimized Story Experience was first introduced at the end of 2021, it is comprised of two components Optimized View Mode (OVM) and Optimized Design Experience (ODE).
We have seen some great enhancements for both users viewing stories and those designing stories and this quarter we have A LOT of new features to enhance usability in Optimized View Mode and Optimized Design Experience.
For both Optimized View Mode and Optimized Design Experience we now support:
- DWC Data Models
- Linked Analysis – All Widgets in Story
- Measure Based Filter
- Jump to Story Hyperlink with Filter Context
Optimized Design Experience we also support:
- Story Translation Service
- Classic Account Model, New Model Type, and BPC Live Model Supported
- Planning Workflows
- Zero Suppression in Charts
- Unbooked Data in Charts
- Static Image
- New Model Type Support for Measure Input Controls
We also have some New Features for both OVM and ODE which include which include:
- Improved Loading Experience
- New Model Type Support Account Based Filters
- Chart Local Filter – Select All Members
Multi-language master data
In QRC 3 2022 we provide initial support of the ability to store and retrieve master-data member descriptions in multiple languages, including:
- Support for translations of member description field on public dimensions (other attributes are not supported)
- Support languages that include all current data access languages available within SAP Analytics Cloud (up to 49 languages or translations possible as of early 2022)
- Expose distinct language attributes for each language:
- Enter or update each directly
- Load each from an external source
Predictive planning on business calendars
The Predictive Planning features in SAP Analytics Cloud continue to add significant business value to Financial Planners and Controllers. In QRC 3 2022 we enable financial planners to get predictive forecasts from planning models based on business calendars.
In the SAP Analytics Cloud planning model, users can specify a business calendar (as opposed to the Gregorian calendar) based on industry-standard patterns (such as 4-4-5, 13×4, or 5-5-6).
Predictive Planning can then generate predictive forecasts based on business calendars.
With the support of business calendars, users build predictive models in predictive planning, create predictive forecasts that can then be written back into the planning model.
We will be taking a deeper dive in to these items in our What’s New video and blog series so stay tuned. For a full list of all features coming in QRC3 2022 for SAP Analytics Cloud check out the Roadmap Explorer.
Want to experience new and existing features for yourself? Take the leap and start your journey towards making data-driven decisions with confidence by signing up for a free trial, today.
See here for more information: