Partners in Americas present integration use cases at the Hack2Build SAP BTP Integration Suite
From June 20th to 24th another successful Hack2Build event took place in Americas (North America & LAC – Latin America and the Caribbean). This edition shifted the partner’s focus to the gap between systems and offered the SAP Business Technology Platform Integration Suite tools to build the communication, integration, transformation and more.
Hack2Build initiative from SAP is a rapid prototyping initiative to drive early-stage inspiration, use case exploration and technology adoption for SAP partners. In this opportunity, partners validate their ideas, get coaching and support during the build of the prototype, and get hands-on experience with SAP Technologies. After the hackathon, they also explore how to package the solution and get ready for go-to-market.
The participants brought inspiration, hard work, curiosity, and delivered compelling solutions in just a working week.
The Participating Companies
We were glad to welcome in this edition of the Hack2Build eleven (!) SAP partner companies. They were: ABusiness, Comentec, Convergentis, Crave Infotech, Guayacán Solutions, Kaar Tech, Larsen & Toubro Infotech, RedSinergia, The Silicon Partners, Wipro and Yash Technologies.
Using mostly the tools provided by SAP BTP Integration Suite, the participants revealed how wide the SAP systems are and the number of opportunities still available to extend processes, gaps to fill, integration with legacy systems and much more.
On the first day, we had a wonderful set of keynotes from SAP Experts covering a range of themes from the details of the Integration Suite up to the available commercialization routes for partners. With a week ahead and an inspired heart, the SAP teams worked on the following day to help partners organize themselves for the week and prioritize features for the Demo Jam. With just a few days left, the partners worked hard around the clock to have a working software running on SAP BTP, iFlows executing on SAP Cloud Integration and even custom connectors on SAP Open Connectors. A team of SAP experts were available for technical support to the partners. By Friday, partners were ready to showcase the prototypes at the Demo Jam for the scrutiny of the judges, which had a really hard time in selecting the winners based on key criteria, as partners did an amazing job.
Demo Jam and the Panel of Judges
At the Demo Jam, partners showcased their inspiring innovative solutions to the audience. They had 10 minutes to present the Business Case and functioning Prototype, occasionally answering a judge question.
The Panel of Judges came from a diverse perspective and consisted of four SAP Leaders:
The judges were amazed by the presentations, given the constraints of such short time and high quality of the partner prototypes. They also had the chance to provide insights and feedback to each partner.
Yash created the winning solution that automates Amazon Seller Central with the Customer ERP. It integrates the customer’s ERP systems with B2B portals (e.g., Amazon Selling Partner) using SAP Integration Suite, including Product and Catalog update, Order status sync, Inventory sync, Payment reconciliation and more. The objective is to avoid manual intervention which may lead to data inconstancy. It is also compatible with other e-commerce portals.
First Runner-up: Comentec
Comentec showcased the Cloud Business Integration Monitor. HXM business users usually don’t have visibility of the integration of employee data to other applications. Thus, Comentec has developed a solution to capture integration information and make it accessible to business users, using OData APIs and SAP CAP application for UI. With this application, business users are empowered with simple, organized data and can take timely action without the need to involve other technical teams. This transparency will increase their trust in data integrations and reduce the effort and time to respond to integration issues.
Second Runner-up: Kaar Tech
Kaar Tech displayed a Manufacturing Optimizer and Visualizer app. With this broad horizon app, customers can schedule, plan execution, monitor and have insights on the shop floor system, such as CIMCO.
The Voice from the Winners
Beyond a Hackathon
As the intent of Hack2Build event is to help our partners to build their solution, the move to the next BUILD phase is critical for the partners to drive successful outcome with their innovations. Most of the partners are continuing with their development and aim to bring their solutions to customers as soon as possible.
We would like to thank all finalist teams, in no order, and the use cases they prototyped with the SAP BTP Integration Suite during this Hack2Build:
- ABusiness: Voice Enabled SAP Business Process – A plug and play framework to issue commands by voice and receive a read-aloud response via Alexa or Siri.
- Convergentis: Coupa integration with SAP S/4HANA with IDoc error handling and synchronization through SAP Integration Suite.
- Crave Infotech: Credit Tracker application for stores and supply chain centers.
- Guayacán: ecoREPORT ITOs – a mobile app for technical inspection at industrial field and remote asset management and monitoring.
- LTI: A Dashboard that monitors SAP ARIBA via its APIs to avoid supply chain disruptions.
- RedSinergia: RSG Chatbot – a WhatsApp enabled bot for Sales Order querying and self-service Invoice Generation.
- TSP: Automation of DocuSign document status update within SuccessFactors EC to greatly reduce manual steps.
- Wipro: CPI Integration Flows monitoring using MS Kaizala messaging app.
To award the excellent work results presented, all the participant partner teams received digital badges by cred.ly from SAP.
We also would like to thank all the SAP teams and colleagues for their passionate and tireless commitment and the tremendous support they offered, which made this event possible! Kudos and special thanks to:
- Gianluigi Bagnoli, João Cavalcant, Marcus Olson and Rudi Held for the executive support and for acting as judges and contributing with live feedback to the partners.
- Alessandro Biagi, Chandresh Panchal, Edward Neveux, Louenas Hamdi, Quintus Smith and Thiago de Castro Mendes for the use case review and technical support.
- Jagdish Sahasrabudhe, Mordechai Moshin, Tushar Pradhan, Aaditya Nigam, John Hall and Kevin Liu for showing partners the routes forward, from creating solutions and out to the market.
- Special thanks for the Winner’s Experience Testimonial from Daniel Graversen of FIGAF.
- A heart warm thanks for the Partner Solution Adoption team for all the help in recruiting.
- All colleagues from SAP Co-Innovation Lab for the continuous support.
Thank you for your excellent support during all phases of the event. We couldn’t have it done without your leadership, domain expertise, and dedication to the success of SAP and our Ecosystem.
SAP Hack2Build Americas Team
Authors: Lucas Rigo, Ronildo Santos and Jiayi Wang