Boost Developer Efficiency and Accelerate Outcomes with SAP BTP
Our customers all face the same big challenge in their digital transformation: there is an increasing demand for new business solutions but not enough IT resources and skilled people to build and implement these solutions.
How to innovate faster and do more with less?
Recently, I had the opportunity to catch up with Leonardo De Araujo, Partner at Beyond Technologies and SAP Mentor.
We discussed how to best leverage SAP Business Technology Platform (BTP) for quickly building apps, automation, and portals.
SAP Low Code / No Code (LCNC) tools are game changers for application development and extensions. They allow SAP customers to keep pace with innovation and growth by:
- Designing production-ready applications, processes, and portals with drag-and-drop simplicity and a large library of prebuilt content.
- Unifying business data and processes from across their SAP and non-SAP systems with hundreds of connectors and thousands of prebuilt integrations.
- Fostering collaboration between teams by bringing business and IT together with comprehensive governance and lifecycle management capabilities.
Among the topics discussed:
- LCNC is an approach to increase productivity, as it enables citizen developers and software engineers to build automation and applications faster.
- No longer “building from scratch” to now composing apps and automation by reusing building blocks and services.
- Rapidly extending business processes, because all customers build extensions or automation to their business solutions.
- SAP delivers tools for a continuum, with SAP Business Application Studio for application services, SAP AppGyver for mobile and web applications, and SAP Process Automation to extend application workflows or create a cross line of business automation.
- LCNC solutions are suitable productivity tools for partners and consultants, helping them to speed up projects and deploy solutions faster. Partners and consultants bring in their process and industry knowledge and develop prebuilt business content for SAP products.
- SAP BTP products for app development, automation and integration are helping customers not just migrating to the cloud with the “old ways of running the business”, but analyzing processes, extending, automating, and innovating during the migration and transformation to the cloud to create intelligent, sustainable enterprises.
Success Stories from Customers and Partners
I shared insights from customer references such as Zuellig Pharma for SAP Process Automation. I also explained how partners like Wipro and Deloitte develop ready-to-use content for specific use cases and industries. These bot templates and connectors for SAP S/4HANA, and SAP ERP allow cross-application scenarios, including SAP and third-party systems.
SAP and the SAP Community provide many resources on LCNC application development, automation, and integration to support continuous learning around these topics.
- Follow the SAP BTP tag in the community: SAP Business Technology Platform | SAP Community
- Get started with the LCNC learning journey: Learning Journey – Utilize Low-Code/No-Code Applications and Automations for Citizen Developers
- Have you used LCNC yet? Comment Yes or No on this blog post.
Yes, we are working on automating with SAP Process Automation.