Retrieving audit log entries using SAP Cloud Integration
A new SAP Tech Bytes related to the SAP Audit Log service was published today. In this blog post, I will share the details on what is covered in today’s video – Retrieving data using SAP Cloud Integration.
In this SAP Tech Bytes, we will continue to explore the SAP Audit Log service. In this instance, we will retrieve data from the Audit Log Retrieval API using SAP Cloud Integration. For this, we first deploy some credentails and then proceed to build the integration flow. In the integration flow, we implement the pagination mechanism that is required to extract all the data available for a request sent to the API.
In case you missed the previous SAP Tech Bytes – Exploring the SAP Audit Log Service, check it out here: https://blogs.sap.com/2022/06/27/exploring-the-sap-audit-log-service/.
The SAP Audit Log service is a platform service which stores all the audit logs written on your behalf by other platform services that you use. It allows you to retrieve the audit logs for your subaccount via the audit log retrieval API or view them using the Audit Log Viewer. The SAP Audit Log service only stores audit log entries written by SAP BTP services, when taking action over your account data. As a developer, the custom applications/services (non-SAP), that you deploy to SAP BTP, do not have write access to the Audit Log Service.
In the second part of the series, we go through the following:
– 0:00 Intro
– 0:51 Interact with the Audit Log Retrieval API using Postman
– 2:26 Deploying the OAuth2 credentials
– 3:31 Create the integration package
– 4:08 Define the main integration process and pagination
– 10:26 Define the local integration process (calling the Audit Log Retrieval API)
– 13:36 Add the Write Data Store operation
– 16:25 Process Audit Log Retrieval API response headers (Groovy script)
– 20:29 Deploy and call the integration flow
– 23:15 Check the entries created in the Data Store (payload and headers)
– 25:51 Outro
Visit the SAP Discovery Center to learn more about the free tier services available in the SAP Business Technology Platform: https://discovery-center.cloud.sap/viewServices?category=freetierservices&page=tile&provider=all®ions=all
This SAP Tech Bytes is a bit longer than the previous one but I hope you find it useful. If you want to be notified of future SAP Tech Bytes videos or just videos focused on SAP Developers, make sure to subscribe to the SAP Developers YouTube channel.