A New Government Operating Environment: S/4 HANA Cloud for Public Sector
This was the kick-off of a series to explain our Cloud ERP Strategy for Public Sector.
Here are the follow up editions
09/22 Episode 1: A New Government Operating Environment: An HR Perspective | SAP Blogs
03/23 Update on Episode 1: Tech layoffs have opened the door for IT talent. Now governments must close the deal. – GCN
10/22 Episode 2: A UK perspective: The flip side of COVID-19 – Local Governments have built the foundations for the future of Citizen Services!
02/23 Episode 3:Update for 2302 for S/4HANA Cloud for Public Sector
03/23 Update on Episode 3: SAP S/4HANA Cloud (Public Edition) for Public Sector Release Ready Kit
I am a big fan of history: Quipu: The Ancient Computer of the Inca Civilization fascinates me. This intricate system of knotted strings of various colours does store and convey information.
Global mega trends, crisis management, war for talent, recovery programs have reshaped the Public Sector priorities and amount of information. Constant change is multiplying data and agile decisions are needed: Data needs to be used with situational insights, better forecasting and analytics and learn where to be automatically processed (“let the data run, not the citizen or employee”). Or connected to above picture: there are more dots and colours to be considered to store and convey information, new patterns to work and collaborate are to be found.
S/4HANA Public cloud for Public Sector is designed and constantly evolving to help state and local organisations to take advantage of new technologies and breakthrough innovations to create a more proactive, automated, foresighted, data-driven, and citizen-focused organisation. This SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) benefits from best business practices established over decades of working with public service organisations.
Take a look to see its scope and feel the User Experience: SAP S/4HANA Cloud ERP – A New Government Operating Environment
Cloud-based enterprise resource planning systems typically include integrated modules for financial management, procurement and other LoB offerings. They offer a wide range of business benefits.
Our product and solution management team has taken advantage of the capabilities we offer to our enterprise customers for some years and weaved in the content of our experience in public sector with thousands of customers. They enabled E2E processes for Public Sector and Higher Education in Procure2Pay, Order2Cash, Record2Report, Asset Management, Treasury, Integration to our Planning Platform on SAP Analytics Cloud to name the most prominent.
- Our SaaS offering for Public Sector supports full depth of Public Financial Management (Management of Funds, Grants Budgets and local reporting requirements like CAFR, Treasury Funds and Fund Accounting) in all delivered processes of this industry specific solution scope.
- It also includes HXM-processes for Public Sector, where on employee and project level personnel expenses hit the right budget of the grant and fund from the payroll combined with time recording. First Half 2022 Release: What’s New in SAP SuccessFactors Public Services? | SAP Blogs. This allows you to focus on building a skilled and engaged workforce and deliver exceptional employee experiences with our HXM suite.
- It’s current version with the second release in August 2022 still has a focus on features for State and Local customers in the US to meet GASB requirements.
- Sourcing and procurement visibility is key to identify the right mix of suppliers and reducing supply risk, while adhering to regulatory, budgetary and compliance requirements
- We continuously update our roadmap to provide features and functions based on our current customers and prospects projects together with the S/4HANA Cloud community. See what’s coming next: SAP Road Map Explorer
Cloud changes IT investment from fixed cost to variable cost providing financial flexibility during times of rapid change. It supports our customers who are looking to consume a service without having to deal with the complexities of operating the technology themselves. It helps you to consume innovation faster building resilience and agility in response. In our portfolio we are considerate to address the needs for security with Public Sector with specific cloud services
Last not least we wholeheartedly want to support Public Services and Government customers to meet sustainability goals by greening government operations but also setting their climate change framework conditions and auditing and controlling its ambitions. This takes us to include SAP’s sustainability portfolio for you to enable Green Public Finance Management.
To be continued: I am looking forward to share with you more in a series: thoughts on the highlights, HXM, procurement, the roadmap and Green Public Finance Management.
If you want to learn more visit our Learning Journey – SAP for Public Sector