Recap of the SAP Community Call for ALM on June 22, 2022
In this blog, I’d like to recap the SAP Community Call for ALM from June 22, 2022. You will find a summary of the topics as well as a collection of useful links. I will also provide a summary of the Q&A topics.
The focus topic of this call was SAP Cloud ALM.
The structure of this blog post follows the order of the webcast agenda. Let’s get started!
Important information: Please Re-Register to continue to receive invitations for the call!
To further receive e-mail invitations to future SAP Community Call for ALM webinars, we need to ask you to register again. Please go to the landing page and click on “Register Now”. On the following page, please select all calls you want to get invited to. You will only get invitations to the selected calls!
News from the SAP Community: Blog highlights and a new blog series
This month Tonja Kehrer presented her blog highlights from the SAP Community:
- Integrating SAP Cloud ALM and the Test Automation Tool [TAT] for SAP S/4 HANA Cloud by Naveen Kumar Damodaran
- Focused Insights OCC Dashboard – ITSM Data Provider: Switch to SAP CRM BOL that reliably reflects CRM WebUI Client search results by Marco Krapf
- SAP Cloud ALM : Alert & Exception Monitoring for SAP S/4HANA Cloud Extensibility Transport Management by Kiran Bose
News from SAP Product Support: Built-in Support
Built-In Support provides an intelligent support platform that enables you to get the help directly with your current system. You can use it to do the following:
- Search for information in the SAP support knowledge base
- Report issues to SAP
- Contact SAP for real-time support
- Interact with the digital assistant These features help you to find the support channel or the information that you need more easily, quickly and accurately
SAP Cloud ALM
Sven Präßler shared the information about having reached now over 1000 deployments of SAP Cloud ALM by SAP customers. What a great milestone!
Next, Preethi Manjunath Shetty gave a perfect overview on SAP Cloud ALM for Service with information on why we change the way we conduct our Service Delivery with SAP Cloud ALM to:
- Improve user experience via a collaboration platform to share deliverables, action items and results with all people involved in the service delivery process
- Increase Efficiency by reducing repetitive manual tasks during the service delivery
- Standardize and digitize the service results for quick access and easier consumption
And what is offered with SAP Cloud ALM for Service:
A fully integrated delivery platform designed to consume services in a digitized and scalable way
to support you using our Cloud and On-Premise Products
Followed by an impressive live Demo of SAP Cloud ALM for Service.
SAP Solution Manager: Planned availability of SPS15
Tim Steuer told us about the planned availability of SAP Solution Manager 7.2 SPS15 / Focused Build and Insights SP10: in the week 29 (July 4th – 10th)*
Also check out the upcoming SAP Learning Hub events (S-user required):
“What’s New in SAP Solution Manager 7.2 SPS15 Overview”
August 2, 2022 SUP_EBW_0520_2206
4:00 PM – 5:00 PM (UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna
SAP Focused Run: Feature Pack 03 released
Next, Stefan Lahr shared the news about the general availability of the new Feature Pack 03 for SAP Focused Run.
You can find the Release Information Note under: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/3205405
As usual, Tim Steuer asked the participants some questions using Mentimeter. The questions this month focused on SAP Focused Run and on your plans regarding the upcoming ALM summits.
When do you plan to move to SAP Focused Run 3.0 FP3?
Upcoming Events: What’s going on?
The dates for the SAP ALM Summits 2022 are:
- July 26-29: APJ (virtual) (register here)
- October 18-21: EMEA (in-person) (register here)
- November 2-4: NA (in-person)
- SAP Community Call for ALM partners: June 29 (register here)
- SAP Cloud ALM Expert Community Call: July 6 (register here)
- SAP Cloud ALM What’s New Quarterly Update: July 27 & 28 (register here)
Find out about all ALM Events here: https://support.sap.com/alm-events
The next SAP Community Call for ALM will take place on July 20, at 4pm CEST / 10am EST.
Remember: you have to register yourself again to receive invitations for future ALM calls!
Need more ALM news? Join our newsletter!
Register here for our new monthly ALM newsletter to get the latest ALM information delivered directly to your inbox!
Q&A: You ask, we answer
Q: We will start in August our first SAP cloud project (besides SAP sf) starting with SAP IBP. Do we have advantages using SAP cloud ALM for it? If yes, should we start with SAP Cloud ALM upfront or after the IBP project?
A: SAP Cloud ALM does not support the implementation of SAP IBP yet. We currently support operations of SAP IBP. You can see the list of supported solutions here: https://help.sap.com/docs/CloudALM/08879d094f3b4de3ac67832f4a56a6de/3ebab44c25da4cc1997bad08cc00991c.html. Additionally, you can also see the SAP Cloud ALM for Operations details on its Expert Portal: https://support.sap.com/en/alm/sap-cloud-alm/operations/expert-portal.html
Wrap-Up: Let us know what you think!
You can find the recording of the ALM Community Call from June 22 here.
The presentation of the call can be downloaded here.
Please let us know in the comments section if this blog was useful and if you would like us to continue with this after every ALM Community Call!