User Experience Insights
Creation of Analytical Tiles in Manage KPIs And Reports
In this Blog Post I will Explain How to create a custom Analytical Tile from Manage KPIs & Reporting tile and also will explain how to enable this tile to your user ID and use the same.
Custom KPI & Reports can be created from the “Manage KPIs and Reports”, and this tile’s details can be found here:( Manage KPIs & Reports Tile Information )
To add this tile we need to add below role to our user and this can be done with t-code SU01.
I am here trying to create a custom KPI tile with custom filters using standard Odata service of “Manage Sales Orders” tile.
I have taken the reference of Fiori Apps Library and from there I have taken the Odata mentioned in Configuration part in Odata Service Section.
- create Customizing Transport Request
- create Workbench Transport Request
- Launchpad Designer with SCOP=CUST ( Select the Customizing TR) –> T-Code ( /ui2/FLPD_CUST )
- Launchpad Designer with SCOPE=CONF (Select the Workbench TR) –> T-Code ( /ui2/FLPD_CONS )
- From this tile we can create / Modify the custom KPIs.
- Once the application opens go to Me Area –> App settings and select the TRs accordingly
Note*: Select the same Customizing & Workbench TRs which we had selected for Launchpad Designers ( CUST & CONF ) Mode
- Now we have to create Group/KPI. here in every group relevant KPIs are collected, so for our scenario, for custom KPIs or for some sort of Custom KPIs we are creating a group to create a KPI.
- Select Create Group. If we are having the Group already then we can switch to KPI tab and then while pressing the “create”, we can select the group from the popup.
- click on save and activate and when the popup appear DO NOT save as local object. Enter the Customizing TR which is selected in the Launchpad designer with scope=CUST.
- Press ADD beside the KPI section to create KPI.
Screen for KPI Creation will be opened and mention the Title & click on define, to select the CDSView/OdataService. I have selected the SERVICE and set for the same. and then press OK.
- Now we will be navigated to the next page for Filter adaption & Other semantic details. In my case I want to use only Particular currency so I am keeping the filter of currency and Filtered value for the same. After selection Click on SAVE & ACTIVATE.
Click on Adapt Filter to open popup
Select values for other fields in Semantic Actions as well.Note* I have selected all the values on random basis for Example, we can have accurate combination with help of Business Team.
- Workbench Popup will appear press OK.
- On the next screen we can find the status of our KPI in header and other selected values at bottom and as marked in the screenshot 2 tabs are visible Definition and Visualize.Definition: we can create a Report / Drilldown.Visualize: we can create a Tile.
- Create Report button will take us to next page where below options will be available.–> Mini Tiles: Tiles with selected filters will be available to be displayed with in the application as a information bar (adding screenshot just for options)–> Charts & Tables: Provision to display chart or table based on the data to be displayed.–> Navigation Intents: Option to call other application by mentioning the semantic object & Action.
- I have selected one mini Tile and have added the Table instead of chart due to requirement.(Data is not visible due to development client)We can add multiple tables or charts in one Tile as well.
- Activate the same.
- Once Activated go to the “Applications” tab and select Add tile to create a tile.
- Select Tile Type from the given options.
- After Selecting the Format in below screen Give the mandatory fields and SAVE it.Tile Name: _TILE_NAME_Catalog: select catalog to place the tile within.Semantic Object: CreateCustom Semantic Object create your own from T-Code (/ui2/semobj)
- After saving Application will be saved and will be displayed in the Application Tab.
- We can check the created tile in the launchpad designer and assign the same to the group from Launchpad designer.
- After the Tile added the the group TRs need to be transported to the Data Client ( if 2 separate clients are there) Clear the global invalid caches (/UI2/INVAL_CACHES).
- Add the Groups & Catalog to the PFCG Role and Assign the same to the User.
- Provide necessary authorizations and you can check the tile in the launchpad.
- Providing Screenshots of output.
So How we can create a Analytical Tile, You can correct me in comment if I have missed something out 😉
Do let me know if you find this Blog Post help full for creation of Analytical Tiles.
Post your Questions in queries I will try to answer or we will learn together.
All of these are configuration steps which can be mastered in a day or do .What's import is the consumption of CDS views exposed as OData service. Where is that curious part ?
Thanks for the informative blog