SAP Commerce – Load Test With JMeter & BlazeMeter
Performance is key to success of any ecommerce application. JMeter is the best know tools to perform load test and create early performance benchmark.
In this article we will learn, how to start quickly with JMeter web UI testing using Blaze Meter extension.
- Prerequisites: Java 8+ is installed
- Download and install JMeter: Download JMeter(Always download the latest stable release, this article uses jmeter-5.4.3 version)
- Once downloaded unzip the binaries – apache-jmeter-5.4.3.zip
- Browse to ‘bin’ folder and run bat
- Upon successful execution JMeter GUI should open up
Add BlazeMeter extension to Google Chrome Browser
- Browse to BlazeMeter | The Continuous Testing Platform
- Click on ‘Add to Chrome’ button
- Once successfully added, BlazeMeter should be displayed under ‘Extensions’ in chrome browser.
Record test scenario
- Open Ecommerce Site on which load testing is to be performed, and browse to functionality which is to be tested
- Open BlazeMeter Extension and provide name of test scenario and start recording
- Execute action, planned for testing (For our test case, click ‘shop of Brands’)
- Click on ‘Stop Recording’ once the expected page in fully loaded.
- Save Recording script as JMX file (NOTE: This option is only available to logged in User. Login to BlazeMeter to save script)
Import script to JMeter
- Open JMeter GUI and import script
Add thread, listeners and execute test case
- Add Thread and listeners as relevant to test requirements
- Execute Test Case
- Monitor Performance
Follow these easy steps to allow application developers to capture performance bottlenecks early and provide appropriate solution.
Alongside JMeter report, also monitor database health, CPU, Memory and throughput from using HAC and Dynatrace.
Read article Managing Performance in an SAP Commerce Cloud Project to learn more on recommended performance testing practice
To know about Dynatrace, refer SAP Article Using Dynatrace to Manage and Optimize the Performance of your SAP Commerce Cloud Solution
Refer SAP Commerce Community Page to learn more about SAP Commerce cloud. Follow SAP Commerce Questions page to post and answer questions.
Finally, help share your feedback. This would encourage me add more content in the coming days.
Insightful Mainak! Thanks for sharing.
Very good information and well written.