Considerations for implementation / switch to Time off with LOA only in a Multi-Tenant Environment
- When you are using multiple different instances –
If you are using multiple different instances of SuccessFactors for your business, implementing Time off with LOA only is simpler and you can refer my earlier blog post for details on configuration required
- When using multi-tenancy, where company Z (Holding company) is having multi- tenant instance for different dependent or independent legal entities.
When using multi-tenancy, you would need to configure the separate time profiles for different legal entities and if it’s a new implementation you can write a rule to automate these time profiles upon hire and job info changes
Challenge comes when you are using legacy leave of absence and want to switch to Time off with LOA only. This blog will cover the complexities involved in this type of implementation.
You need to configure Different time profiles and different leave types for different legal entities for example if there are three legal entities – 1000, 2000, 3000 you would need to configure time profile as follows –
LEAVE_OF_ABSENCE_PROFILE_ 1000, LEAVE_OF_ABSENCE_PROFILE_2000 & LEAVE_OF_ABSENCE_PROFILE_3000
You would also need to configure different event reasons for respective legal entities. Once the configuration is in place you can grant access to LOA as defined in the blog —
Now comes the tricky part –
a) Updating all employees with the time profile code which includes all Employees who are active but not on LOA –
Proposed Recommendation — You can update time profile for all employees who are active but currently not on LOA with data change event reason with as on event date.
b) All employees who are currently on LOA and updating all current leave of absences for this set of employees
Proposed Recommendation – To update all employees who are currently on LOA, There are steps involved –
- First extract the report with following columns — Use Person and employment domain
- Once the report is extracted, create a file with the following fields where populate event date as LOA Start date from report -1, and save.
- Go to import employee data –> Job History–>Validate –> Import.
- Once the upload of time profile is complete. Run the Following upgrade “ Create time records in Time off for unfinished leave of absence records” from upgrade center or delete the Current LOA START records and populate with employee time object in “Import and export data”
- This upgrade creates all employees expected return date in future (120 months) which is not the case with many companies so you can download all the time types from “Import and export data”– Employee time and reload all future dates- expected return date with Start date +1 and end date same as start date.This will complete the process in a multi-tenant environment.