Tracking App by using AppGyver
This blog post serves as my entry to the SAP Low Code No Code Challenge using SAP AppGyver. SAP AppGyver is LCNC tool provided by SAP which helps you to achieve the What You See Is What You Get functionality, without writing a single line of code.
To provide better visibility and agile usability to customer’s driver during their daily operational activity. Only essential information is provided to them in order to makes easier their routine and provide an easy-to-use interface.
Let’s get started with the application.
Link to my application – https://trackingapp.appgyverapp.com/
*Unfortunately, the web version of the app doesn’t retrieve data because of the CORS issue if you need to authenticate your service with basic authentication. Only iOS and Android versions work. You need to open this application after disabling CORS on your browser.
Application main page consists of a list page and the driver can filter related shipment and get action according to detailed information on the detail page.
On the detail page, the driver also can see the source and destination locations on the map page.
Shows drivers current location on the map and the source/destination locations displays dynamically by fetching restful service.
If a shipment has units, driver can see that unit list page in the another page.
This tool is the most powerful no-code platform I’ve ever used so far. It makes you feel powerful when you develop an application and this is really enjoyable.
I just crushed once during whole development although the process is complex since this shows how stable it is.
Actually, My data service is a ODATA service. I started to develop this application by using ODATA binding. But the main problem of ODATA binding is that associations of the entitysets. Because of that reason, I used the service as a REST service. It makes filtering and association between entities easier.
The second shortcoming is that even if you use a restful service, we are not able to associate entities with keys. I solved that issue by filtering whole dataset in the formula section. It is a solution but it might be a performance issue in case of if the data volume is high.
Documentation could be better especially for data bindings and formulas.