Email notification for Flexible workflow – Purchase Order
The purpose of this blog is to provide an overview on how ‘Maintain Email Template’ app can be used to notify approver once PO is created and creator once PO is approved/rejected via email notification. This functionality is available in both on premise and cloud version of S/4HANA.
- Flexible workflow for purchase orders should have been configured.
- External mail sent (SCOT) settings should be in place.
Open ‘Maintain Email Template’ app in Fiori launchpad.
Part A) Settings to inform approver about newly assigned task via email.
- Go to Predelivered section and select the template ‘SWF_CRT_NOTIFY_RECIPIENTS’ and click on Copy button.
- Provide the Email Template name in the ‘YY1_Scenarioid_CRT_ACTIVITY_NODEID’ or ‘YY1_Scenarioid_CRT_ALL’ format and click on Copy button.
- Navigate to the copied template and provide the email subject, body and click on Save button. SAP has provided multiple variable data fields which can be used to pass the required values from SAP in email content.
Part B) Settings to inform approver once the purchase order is approved/rejected.
- Select the template ‘SWF_CRT_NOTIFY_RECIPIENTS’ and click on Copy button.
- Provide the Email Template name in the ‘YY1_Scenarioid_COMPLETE_POSITIVE’ or ‘YY1_Scenarioid_COMPLETE_NEGATIVE’ format and click on Copy button.
- Navigate to the copied template and provide the email subject, body and click on Save button.
- In the same way, create a custom template for negative scenario as well which will be triggered if PO is rejected by approver.
- All the three templates can be seen in Custom Section. This completes our setting in ‘Maintain Email Template’ app.
- Create a PO
- Verify email triggered to PO approver in SOST
- Approve PO in My Inbox app
- Verify email triggered to PO creator once the PO is approved
This article will help consultants to understand how email notification can be activated using ‘Maintain Email Template’ app if they are using Flexible workflow for PO approval.
Useful link and OSS notes:
SAP note 2578976 : No Business Catalog Available in Fiori Launchpad Designer
SAP note 3193319 : Cannot save the workflow email templates with the expected pattern in the Maintain Email Templates app
Any feedback or thoughts in the comment section is highly appreciable.
Very helpful, thank you.
In our case we added a direct link to related apps, e.g. for MyInbox App for the approvers.
Hi Saurabh Nigade,
Can we add some text like PO type, PO type description, Purchasing group/description... to the body of email, this notification is just simple and don't help approver to see enough information.
Hi Saurabh, were you able to figure this out? Adding more fields that are not part of standard provided content?
Very helpfull ✔
btw. we are using namespace (ATO Setup) - so this SNOTE will be helpful as well:
3248481 - Workflow Completion E-Mail naming pattern cannot be satisfied - SAP for Me