Customer 360 – Summary
This blog series discusses the concept of “Customer 360” and the benefits customers can get out of it. It lists common implementation challenges and gives some ideas on how to solve those. The main part highlights the Customer 360 views and capabilities within SAP Cloud for Customer (C4C). The series concludes with a summary of the key points discussed.
Here are the blogs of this series:
- Customer 360 – Overview
- Customer 360 – Customer Details (Sales & Service)
- Customer 360 – Customer Insights (Sales)
- Customer 360 – Customer Hub (Service)
- Customer 360 – Summary (THIS BLOG)
This final blog summarizes the key points discussed in the series:
- Customer 360 is a very popular idea sought after by many companies. It is the concept of having all customer-related information available in one place. The benefits are more contextual insights enabling a personalized engagement with your customers.
- The realization of a Customer 360 view is not trivial. Even though CRM solutions like SAP Cloud for Customer (C4C) provide some standard screens for Customer 360, the desired benefits will not be met if the data quality is not in a good shape. This is why before implementing a Customer 360 customers should verify common challenges and proposed solutions highlighted in this series. In short existing customer data needs to be digitized, cleansed and integrated.
- A state-of-the-art customer 360 view should consist of the following components:
- Native CRM Data
- Backend ERP Data
- 3rd Party Data
- Analytical Data
- In C4C the main Customer 360 view is the so-called “Customer TI“. It contains all of the above components, but lacks intelligent insights as well as a more business scenario focused UI design. As the screen is a generic one targeted at both sales and service users, the available Customer 360 data is spread across multiple tabs and not handy immediately for its users across all use-cases.
- C4C also provides business scenario specific Customer 360 views on top of the Customer TI. The Customer Insights view (part of the Intelligent Sales add-on) enriches the Customer Details screen with intelligent sales insights, a more seamless integration of external data like Commerce events and ERP objects as well as a timeline-based view of recent sales activities.
- The Customer Hub is a Customer 360 view targeted at service agents in a live interaction with their customers. The screen is part of the Service Agent Console add-on, a downstripped version is available in core C4C as well. It opens automatically once a customer is uniquely identified by the system after the agent accepts the live interaction and provides a quick one-page summary of recent interactions and assigned tickets sorted chronologically as well as a very elegant mashup-based integration to external objects and views such as S/4HANA service orders.
- The general recommendation for Customer 360 in C4C would be to use the sales or service specific views depending on your use-case and switch to the generic Customer Details screen as fallback if any further information is required. After all the generic view is just one click away.
This concludes the blog series on Customer 360. Feel free to raise questions or provide feedback in the comments section.