How to delete a Custom Analytical Query
Today I’ll show you how to delete a Custom Analytical Query when you already have an application created from it.
If you have an application created you probably have catalogs assigned to it. You’ll need to delete those catalogs first, please follow the steps below:
- Go to Custom Catalog Extensions app
- Search for the App ID or App Description and click on it to open the catalogs
*If you have Business Catalogs on “Unpublished” status, please skip to the step 5. Otherwise, if your catalogs are in “Published” status you’ll need to revoke them. If this is your case please continue following the instructions below:
- Click on the checkbox for all catalogs in use
- Click on “Revoke” buttonYou’ll notice that after that the status will change to “Unpublished” and now you’ll be able to delete the catalogs.
- Click on the checkbox for all catalogs in use and click on “Remove” button. Now you don’t have dependencies in Custom Catalog Extensions.
Once that all catalogs are removed, it’s necessary to delete the application. If you try to delete your Custom Analytical Query before deleting the application, the system will trigger the error message “You cannot delete this query as it is being used by the following artifacts: XXX”
To delete the application, follow the steps below:
- Go to View Browser app
- Search for the App ID or App Description and click on it
- At the top of the page, next to the view name, you will notice that there are some buttons. Click on the “Delete Application” button and proceed with the deletion.
Now that all dependencies were deleted, you can go ahead and delete your Custom Analytical Query. For that, please proceed according to instructions below:
- Go to Custom Analytical Queries app
- Search for the Query name or description
- Click on the checkbox for the query
- Click on “Delete” button
Hope this information is useful for you! I would greatly appreciate if you could share your feedbacks and thoughts in the comments.
Also, I encourage you to browse for other Community Topics that may be useful for you.