Extraction of SAP IBP Timeseries data from SAP S/4 HANA using extractors
The SAP standard process map for SAP IBP Timeseries based Integration, talks more about end to end integration process from SAP S/4HANA or ERP to IBP.
This blog will discuss, How the SAP IBP Timeseries data is fetched from the SAP S/4HANA Standard Tables to the SAP IBP Supply chain Add on tables and then extracted using the Standard SAP IBP Timeseries extractors. The concerned area is highlighted in the SAP IBP Standard Process flow map with green box.
Note – The above image is taken as reference from the SAP IBP documentation for Timeseries Integration.
SAP IBP Supply Chain – Integration Model
- The SAP IBP Supply Chain Addon uses Integration Model.
- Integration Model is set of Database tables which start with prefix /IBP/ and used to stage data relevant to IBP.
- Eg /IBP/MARA_EXT, /IBP/MARC_EXT, /IBP/MAKT_EXT, /IBP/ORDER_EXT,/IBP/STOCK_EXT, etc
- SAP Standard Menu /IBP/INT_MENU is used.
- This menu has transactions to download the SAP IBP specific Master data and Transaction data from SAP standard tables to Integration Model
- These staging tables are common to both
- Order Based Planning(OBP)
- Time Series Based Planning
Now let us have a look at SAP IBP Timeseries based Extractors
- For Timeseries Integration, SAP recommends usage of SAP IBP specific SAP standard Extractors.
- These can be categorized in three type
- All Master Data Extractors fetch data from IBP Staging tables
- Some Transaction Data extractors fetch data from IBP staging tables
- Some Transaction Data extractors fetch data from SAP standard tables
- The overall architecture of the SAP IBP Integration Model and SAP IBP extractors can be summarized in given below figure
- Data is first fetched at material master level from SAP Standard tables and posted in the IBP Staging tables
- MARA to /IBP/MARA_EXT
- MARC to /IBP/MARC_EXT
- MARM to /IBP/MARM_EXT
- MAKT to /IBP/MAKT_EXT
- The data stored in /IBP/MARA_EXT and /IBP/MARC_EXT is used as a single source of truth in further for SAP IBP Integration model and SAP IBP Timeseries based extractors
- Which means inner join is fired on /IBP/MARA_EXT and /IBP/MARC_EXT tables in all the SAP IBP Integration Model data extraction Programs and SAP IBP Timeseries Based extractors.
Screenshot of few SAP Std IBP Timeseries Extractors – Master data
Screenshot of few of SAP Std IBP Timeseries Extractors – Transaction data
To conclude, in this blog we have discussed, How the SAP IBP Timeseries data is extracted from SAP S/4HANA Standard tables into the SAP IBP Supply Chain Add on tables and then extracted using SAP IBP Timeseries based Extractors.
Please like and comment, what you liked about the blog. If you have any doubts please post your questions.