How to Use Situation Handling in App Create Sales Orders – Automatic Extraction
As of SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2111, situation handling use cases are also available for application Create Sales Orders – Automatic Extraction and they can help end users monitor sales order requests in below situations:
- Data not extracted for order creation
- Data incomplete for order creation
In this blog, I will explain how to configure the situation templates and how the situations correspond to real business cases.
How to Use
Key users (role SAP_BR_BPC_EXPERT) can use the Manage Situation Types app to specify notification texts and notification recipients.
First open app Manage Situation Types, search for the situation template SD_SOR_EXTRACTION_FAILED or SD_SOR_MD_DETERMINE_INCMPLT.
(Use screenshots for SD_SOR_EXTRACTION_FAILED as an example)
Select the template and choose Copy. Create a situation type as follows:
- In the Admin Information area, specify the situation type ID.
- In the Conditions area, You can adjust condition values according to your business requirements.
- In the Situation Display area, you can change notification texts according to your requirements. You can use curly brackets (containing a technical field) to add sales order request related field values to your text.
- In the Notification Recipients area, we enable two ways of specifying recipients:
- Responsibility by Teams: You can determine notification recipients by selecting responsibility definitions and member functions that are mapped to a team category. For more information, see Manage Teams and Responsibilities
- Responsibility Rules: Notify the person who created the sales order request (by default)
Now you have finished all mandatory configurations about this situation type. Save the type and enable it.
When situations are triggered in the Create Sales Order – Automatic Extraction app (role SAP_BR_INTERNAL_SALES_REP), the predefined recipients will receive notifications.
Case 1 – A file was uploaded, but data extraction failed for the sales order request (the data extraction icon in the processing flow is red). From the notification, the recipient can open the sales order request and check the application log before taking proper actions (for example, retrying data extraction).
Case 2 – The system completed data extraction and proposal for the sales order request, but request data is incomplete for sales order creation (the data completeness icon in the processing flow is red). From the notification, the recipient can open the sales order request and manually enter the required data before converting it to a sales order.
In conclusion, situation handling can help increase business process efficiency and inform the right people of the right message. I hope this blog can give you a quick understanding and encourage you to try it if you are using the app Create Sales Orders – Automatic Extraction.