How to Setup CTI in Sales & Service Cloud with Zoom – Part 2 of 2
One of the most useful features is to be able to allow inbound and outbound calling with SAP Sales & Service Cloud for your contacts and customers. SAP provides a great way of doing this with multiple vendors – (Avaya, Cisco, Genesys as per SAP Help) and this article can show you how to connect with Zoom phone platform. I will use the term C4C to refer to SAP Sales & Service Cloud as a short acronym.
Previously in part 1, we discussed the requirements, configured, and how to setup for inbound CTI integration with C4C.
Here in part 2, we continue that discussion about outbound CTI integration, where you can select a contact and be able to dial out the associated phone number, which is passed to the CTI vendor software – Zoom in this case – to handle the audio.
- Windows platform for the user
- Admin authorization on the Windows PC to install an SAP C4C add-on
- Zoom licensed account – this means you will need an assigned Zoom phone for you that your customers are calling
- SAP Sales / Service subscription and user login credentials
- NEW for Outbound Call Handling – Visual Studio application and developer skills
The general sequence in this article are the following:
- Confirm you have completed steps 1 to 3 in Part 1 article.
- Do Step 4 if you need inbound calling feature.
- Download Visual Studio sample package.
- Update Visual Studio code.
- Replace DLL
- Test Outbound Call Handling
Please see the Part 1 article to complete steps 1 and 2, if you have not done so yet. The link is reference section below.
Download Visual Studio sample package
- Make sure you have you have the latest SAP CTI Adapter from the Download section. An older version of CTI Adapter (prior to May 2018 release) will not work with Fiori client.
- Download the CTI Connector project from this LINK on the Help Portal.
- Update Visual Studio Code
- Extract the zip file and import the project to Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Open file OutboundCallHandler.cs and add the logic in the dialOut method to pass the phone number and context information to the CTI solution.
- Next, save the file and build the project to generate a new SAPCODCTIConnector.dll file.
Method dialOut as provided in zip file:
Our completed method dialOut – as a suggested example:
- Once the SAPCODCTIConnector.dll file is generated, copy the DLL to: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAP Cloud for Customer CTI Client to deploy the DLL.
- Restart the adapter.
Test Outbound Call Handling
Make sure your CTI Adapter is enabled. The app screen will show the “Enable Adapter” as disabled because it is already in ACTIVE mode.
Your logging level is defaulted to Low – to change it by first disabling the Adapter, change the level, and then enabling it again.
You can search in the Live Activity display window using the unique customer ID. Additionally, you can store the External ID for an outbound phone call. You can click the Call icon in the upper right and it will transfer out to the Zoom app to make phone call.
You can view the Logs in CTI Adapter by clicking on the menu Logs. There will be one log file a day. You can see the parameters logged based on the code and log level you have selected. Once this has been tested successfully, do set the Log Level back to Low.