SAP Profitability and Performance Management What’s inside Visual Modeler SP18 SAP Note 3192516
Approaching halfway through Calendar Year 2022 SAP Profitability and Performance Management 3.0 already releases support package (SP18) with exciting enhancements and features. If you haven’t read the content of the first Visual Modeler SAP Note for SP18, I highly suggest visiting the blog post SAP Profitability and Performance Management 3.0: What’s inside Visual Modeler SP18 SAP Note 3157847.
While the first SAP Note piqued your curiosity, the current SAP Note version will pique your interest even more as it contains exciting enhancements and new features. As I walk you through the new information offered for this Visual Modeler SAP Note 3192516 – FS-PER Rel. 3.0 SP18: Visual Modeler Screens Enhancements and Fixes (02), let’s have a look at it.
- Newly created Environment show ‘0’ count in History Version and Reports
- Focus on newly created environment
- Validation for Duplicate Node ID
- History Version search box
The search criteria in the Modeling Environment have been improved. When you select History Version or Reports, the searched criteria from the Search in Header will no longer be shown
- Search in History Version
- Tooltip for activating editable Query
When user link a Query function to a Processing function and set the query to Editable, the Activate button is disabled and a tool hint appears
- Erase Data button for Model Table
- Model Table Show button tooltip
- Adding same value in Fields and Description is now possible
- Adding Master Data to STRG, TIMS and DATS is not possible
Because the user cannot set master data for some fields, in this SAP note the master data and hierarchy option are hidden in the Properties panel for fields STRG, TIMS, and DATS
- Validation for HANA SQL reserve words
- Adding Checks node From General entity to Functions Check node
There are now multiple ways on how user can add the Check node in General entity to Function check node, which are:
- Copy Paste
- CTRL + DRAG
- CTRL + SHIFT + DRAG
- Checks description is now the same in Checks node and in functions checks
- Adding value in Partitioning Range
- Lowercase text in Partitioning Range
- Adding activity node inside another activity node
Adding of different activity nodes inside of an Activity node is now enhanced.
- Connecting other Activity Templates to Activity Node
Users can now link other Activity Templates to Activity nodes.
- Linking activity from one node to another
Linking of different activity nodes inside of Activity node to another node inside/outside of an activity node is now possible.
- Saving of Data in Data Editor
The ability to save data in the Model Table Data Editor in properties panel has been enhanced, and newly inserted data will remain intact after saving and refreshing the modeling page.
- Model Table Progress bar
The progress indicator in the Model Table data editor when downloading a file has been enhanced, and it now shows 100% after the file has been completely downloaded.
- Time picker for TIMS Data type
- Allocation Inputs node
- Saving of Fields in Offset Mapping
When it comes to the Allocation function, Offset Mapping comes in handy. As a result, it has been improved to ensure that the mapping is still intact once it has been saved and even after the screen has been refreshed.
- Autolink of functions
- Join Predicate linking enhancements
- Saving Iterative View w/o Iteration Type
Users cannot save the function without selecting an Iteration Type to avoid the Iteration Type being left blank.
- WBC Additional column enhancement
- Editing Sheet Chart Type
- Dropdown menu to input function
- Drop down option in Result Model Table
- Relationship Arrow when copying Description node with function inside.
- Filter palette according to selected node
- Palette state after removing Node in diagram
- Waterfall Chart type is introduced
- Calculated Measures and Calculated Dimensions
When new fields are defined in Calculation, these fields will be visible in Calculated Measures and Calculated Dimensions. The value also shows the same as the user added in Calculated Measures and Calculated Dimensions whether user entered it with all uppercase, lowercase or combination of both.
- Visualize Undo/Redo button
- Refresh button in Report Management
This sap notes offers enhancement for in app and browser refresh feature where changes/updates done remains intact after save and refresh.
There you have it: the most recent enhancements and new features that will be available once this SAP Note is implemented in your system.
Thank you for taking the time to read this blog post; we’ll keep you updated as soon as a new Visual Modeler SAP Note becomes available!