EWM Product Master – Field Enhancement using Custom Fields and Logic App
It is common requirement in the most of SAP implementations to meet the business requirements to enhance the standard screen with the custom fields. There are many different ways to enhance the tables and the dependent screens as well.
When it comes to EWM, most of the projects are/were using the transaction code ‘EEWB’ for the custom table field/screen enhancements to meet the business requirements.
This functionality is only valid for the custom field enhancement used in EWM warehouse/storage type view.
SAP introduced the app called ‘Custom Fields and Logic’ to reduce the cost of implementations. This is a simple but powerful tool. SAP is adding many new business contexts in each release.
SAP added central S/4HANA extensibility framework in SAP S4 2020 FSP01 for EWM product master. This framework allows to add the custom fields for storage type data view and warehouse data view of the warehouse products.
Refer the link for more information – SAP® Extended Warehouse Management 2020 FPS01 Development Overview
Note – All the steps were configured and tested on SAP S/4 2021 Embedded.
- Decentralized EWM and Embedded SAP S/4HANA 2020 FPS01 Onwards (EWM Product Master enhancement functionality).
- Application Component – BC-SRV-APS-EXT-FLD
- Make sure all the required user authorizations/roles assigned to set this up and run the app.
- The system is SAP S4 2020 FSP01 onwards.
Please refer the below link for the detailed steps: Set Up/Implementation Steps
- Set up the Adaptation Transport Organizer
- Activation of OData Services
- APS_CUSTOM_FIELD_MAINTENANCE_SRV (0001)
- SBLE_BADI_CTX_REGISTRY_SRV (0001)
- Activation of UI5 Application
- nw_aps_ext_cfl (/default_host/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/nw_aps_ext_cfl)
- Activation of ICF Service
- Authorization Role (PFCG Role)
- Enable App for Access in SAP Fiori Launchpad
Steps for the creation of the custom field using the Custom Field and Logic:
- Run the Fiori app using the transaction code /UI2/FLP or direct link using the portal favorites,Note: in 2021, the previous app Custom Fields and Logic is deprecated. A new app is available called Custom Fields.
- Click on Custom Fields app, the below screen will be displayed.
- Click on plus (+) icon (Top right side of the above screen shot), the below screen will be displayed.
- Select the business context and enter all the mandatory information.Note: There are couple of business context related to EWM product master. We are creating the custom field in warehouse view.
- Select the business context ‘Warehouse Product: Warehouse Data
- Other mandatory information
- Once all the required information is maintained, then select ‘Create and Edit’, the below screen will be displayed.
- Select the tab UIs and Reports and click on Enable Usage.Enabled –
- Click on Publish, the system displays the below screen with the status ‘Publishing’,
The field gets published after few seconds.
Note: There is no custom logic written in this scenario.
- Login to SAP GUI and verify the field using SE11
- Where used information of this field.
Note: A dialog program with screen number generated in the backend with the standard namespace.
Testing/Verification the custom field using the Custom Field and Logic:
- Run the transaction code /SCWM/MAT1 or the Maintain Products (Warehouse Data) app in Change
- Run the transaction code /SCWM/MON or the Warehouse Monitor app.
- The system doesn’t allow to update in mass using the monitor Mass change option.
- No provision for updating the custom field using the transaction code /SCWM/MIG_PRODUCT. It requires additional enhancements.
Using this app Custom Fields and Logic, the custom field enhancement can be created with very less effort involved. Using this app, the custom field can be viewed on Warehouse Monitor/Product level.
Your suggestions/feedbacks are highly appreciated. There are few more articles on the way. Please follow my profile for the new blog posts related to latest features provided by SAP.
Do you have any further comments related to this topic? Do share them in the comments sections below without any hesitation. You can also ask questions in the SAP EWM Master Data Community Q & A Section
Note – All the images are created by me and free to use/share.