Configuring OGC services not hosted on ArcGIS online in SAP Spatial Asset Management
In this blog post I describe the steps to be followed to consume any secured OGC (Open GeoSpatial Consortium) services which are not hosted on any ArcGIS platforms.
OGC Support provided by SAP Spatial Asset Management (previously called as Geographical Enablement Framework):
SAP Spatial Asset Management started providing support for OGC services from SAP S/4HANA 2021 OP release. The product supports different types of secured and unsecured OGC services such as WFS, WMS and WMTS.
The user can configure any of these OGC services in SAP Spatial Asset Management.
If the user wanted to configure any secured OGC services as reference layer which are not hosted in ArcGIS platforms, they need to follow the below steps to get the support for such services in SAP Spatial Asset Management.
- Configure RFC destination for the server where the service is hosted using SM59 transaction in the respective ABAP backend systems
- Execute SM59. Select/expand “HTTP Connections to External Server” folder and click on “create”.
- Provide the RFC Destination name and select the Connection type as “G HTTP connection to external server” option from drop down
- Provide relevant description and click on “Technical Settings” tab and provide the Host name and port(if available)
- Click on “Logon & Security” tab and provide the credentials of service and SSL as “Active”
- Perform “Connection Test” and make sure that the connection was successful
- Provide the RFC destination name in the “Servers for Map Services” folder of Spatial Asset Management to use the secured services once the RFC test connection is successful.
If all the above steps are followed, the user is good to consume the secured OGC services (which are not hosted in any ArcGIS platforms) from SAP Spatial Asset Management without any issues. The current version of SAP Spatial Asset Management supports secured OGC services in Reference layers only, however, the support for Basemap will be provided in future releases.
Please refer the sap help documentation to get more information about Spatial Asset Management.
Refer the blog “Seamless authentication using SAP SSO” for consuming secured OGC or Non-OGC services which are hosted in any ArcGIS platforms without providing Esri credentials.
Hopefully this blog was helpful! Please add in comment section or ask questions related to the topic you think are valuable to have included in this blog post.