CDS view entities are feature complete. Overview of new features, improvements, and differences
Since ABAP release 7.88, SAP BTP ABAP Environment 2205, CDS view entities are feature complete. In this blog series, you find a complete list of new features, improvements, and differences of CDS view entities compared to CDS DDIC-based views.
- Typed literals
- Set operators EXCEPT und INTERSECT
- Calculated quantity with calculated unit reference
- Entity buffering using tuning objects
- Extensions with EXTEND VIEW ENTITY
- New functions:
- $PROJECTION to reuse expressions from the SELECT list
- Refactoring of view stacks
Curious? Find each new feature explained and with syntax example in the blog post CDS view entities are feature complete, Part l: New features | SAP Blogs.
- No CDS-managed DDIC view created in ABAP Dictionary
- CDS view entities with input parameters are generated as SQL views on the SAP HANA database
- Stricter syntax and semantic checks
- Automatic and implicit client handling
- Improved activation performance
- Currency and quantity handling in expressions
- Improved expression matrix
Want to know more? Find details in blog post CDS view entities are feature complete, Part ll: Improvements | SAP Blogs.
- Features and syntax not supported in CDS view entities
- Differences in header annotations
- New syntax requirements
Blog post CDS view entities are feature complete, Part lll: Differences | SAP Blogs lists all syntax elements which are not supported in CDS view entities and new syntax requiements.