Accelerating Innovation in the Public Sector with SAP Solutions and SAP Business Technology Platform
We find that many of our customers in the public sector are focusing on three strategic priorities for their sustainability and growth:
- Putting the Citizen at the Center has to be the norm for success in the digital age. This does not stop with providing a next generation constituent experience. It should also should apply to the ability to simulate the impact of potential options to direct scarce resources for maximum impact.
- Leveraging Data as an Asset by transforming policy development, planning, service delivery, and measurement of outcomes. Acquire the ability to collect and connect data that was previously siloed, and use the data to recognize unseen patterns and then act accordingly.
- Reimagining business processes and models for the ability to respond faster to changes in a world of disruption and pivot business processes to better deliver the right outcomes.
The business technology platform for public sector organizations
The architecture for the intelligent, sustainable enterprise in government agencies starts with SAP Business Technology Platform and business applications from SAP, including industry cloud solutions that support agencies with their industry-specific end-to-end processes.
SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP) is a unified, business-centric, and open platform that empowers customers and our ecosystem to innovate, build, extend, and integrate SAP and non-SAP applications in a cloud-native way. It enables next generation data management, real-time insights, and holistic enterprise planning. It also provides application development, integration, and process automation capabilities. SAP BTP embeds intelligence into our line of business applications and provides enterprise artificial intelligence capabilities. The platform gives access to prepackaged lines of business and industry business-centric content, extensions, and applications, provided by SAP and our ecosystem, through a digital marketplace.
SAP BTP gives three overarching advantages to our public sector customers:
- Unified: SAP BTP offers a unified experience that spans a wide variety of scenarios around integration, application development, data and analytics, and intelligence
- Business-centric: SAP BTP features are focused on improving the business outcomes companies can achieve. The platform offers process- and data-specific tooling that helps organizations rapidly build and extend SAP applications. Business services and prepackaged content help users meet domain-specific requirements and develop focused data analysis scenarios.
- Open: Companies need flexibility when it comes to how they deploy and run business processes and IT systems. Because SAP BTP is open, organizations can choose how to build and extend – on a hyperscaler cloud infrastructure, in SAP data centers, etc.
When the UK transportation sector needed help consolidating and accessing siloed data, Costain proposed an intelligent infrastructure control center (IICC) built on SAP BTP. By unifying project data, the hope was to make transportation projects more efficient while lowering emissions and saving public funds. The IICC has helped lower infrastructure costs by 66%, as data virtualization eliminates the need for siloed data warehouses. This, in turn, lessens the need for data centers, helping the sector reduce its carbon footprint and achieve its goal of net-zero emissions by 2050. As data doesn’t reside in the platform, security is improved and customer adoption barriers are lowered.
SAP customers are already running our mission-critical core solutions. We are your ongoing partner, and we know and understand your industry trends, and how you want to succeed. With SAP BTP, you can inject that future-proof innovation right into your existing solutions and become an intelligent, sustainable enterprise.