SAP Best Practices for SAP Integrated Business Planning for Supply Chain – 2205
The 2205 version of SAP Best Practices for SAP Integrated Business Planning for Supply Chain is now available. As always full of valuable business content, enhancements and simplifications.
Let me start as usual with the changes for the sample planning area SAPIBP1:
- The Detailed SAPIBP1 presentation has been restructured and reworked. We invest quite some time into this document, e.g. added information about the analytics, the alerts and the other objects that are part of SAPIBP1, information about planning levels, planning operators, usage of master data and key figures. We continue with the detailed explanations what has been changed for the current release and for previous releases. We are looking forward to your feedback here!
- We’ve added a new S&OP operator profile called “Time-Series-Based Planning Compute Quotas”. This profile allows you to calculate quotas from a supply plan such as the computed location sourcing ratio.
- For XYZ segmentation, the sample profile shipped with SAPIBP1 now has two more options: “Replace Leading Nulls with Zeros” and “Always Include Items with some missing values”. You can use these options to better handle null values.
- New help content is available which explains how to enhance the SAPIBP1 sample planning area with shelf-life functionality.
Order-based planning & Real-Time Integration
In the previous release 2202, we introduced sample planning area SAP7F and real-time integration for order-based planning processes. For this release, we’ve enhanced the quick guide with detailed steps on how you connect the Cloud Connector to your SAP IBP system.
Table of content: Quick Guide
The integration scope items for order-based planning, both inbound and outbound, have been enhanced with detailed steps on how you use the reconciliation job to display and resolve any data inconsistencies that might occur during real-time integration. Here the list of the related scope items:
- IBP – order-based planning inbound integration with SAP S/4HANA
- IBP – order-based planning outbound integration with SAP S/4HANA
- IBP – order-based planning inbound integration for deployment planning
- IBP – order-based planning outbound integration for deployment planning
If you want to dive deeper into the real-time integration topic, please also take a look at the webinar we delivered end of April. Here the link to the recording.
Supply review – optimizer
The scope item for the response and supply – supply review – optimizer now includes an example of an alternative BOM. One sample finished product now has two different BOMs assigned: a standard BOM with new raw materials and an alternative BOM with a reusable component. Based on different costs for the raw materials and the reusable materials in the next months, the system optimizes the costs and switches the BOMs accordingly.
Planning view SOP 051
We’ve enhanced the Planner Workspace for demand planners with an example of themes. Now, what are themes and why should you use them? With themes you can customize the appearance of a planning view. For example, you can draw a line in the last row of a combination of attributes, you can color cells that contain changed data, or highlight the current period and much more. The planning view then looks a lot clearer and better structured.
Planning view with Themes
Confirmation of tasks without collaboration tool
The S&OP scope items have been enhanced with information on how to use the Manage Tasks app to confirm tasks without using SAP Work Zone as a collaboration tool.
Manage Tasks app
The news for SAP Best Practices for SAP Integrated Business Planning 2205 are also captured in this video.
Check out this video to learn what SAP Best Practices for SAP Integrated Business Planning can do for you.
To view and download more information for free, please go to SAP Best Practices Explorer