What’s New in SAP Business Application Studio (Release 2204)
I am happy to announce that a new release of SAP Business Application Studio is now available to all customers. This blog post is highlighting some of the new features included in release 2204.
Before diving into the details of the release I want to invite you to participate in our upcoming Remote Usability Testing sessions for SAP Business Application Studio:
Build Business Applications Using Visual Tools in SAP Business Application Studio for Low-Code Development
Register to create a full business application, preview it, and release it, using only visual tools, no need to type any code line. For this session, no coding knowledge is not required – you will work with the low-code environment to perform the main development tasks in SAP Business Application Studio. Sessions will take place between May 17-19. Click the image below for the detailed description and registration links.
The new project sharing feature in SAP Business Application Studio enables users to connect to their own Git server and to share an existing project as a Git repository to collaborate with other developers. All while providing a simplified user experience for version control, easy merging, and conflict resolution.
- Submit your changes or get changes from collaborator with just one click.
- Synchronization between your changes and your collaborators’ changes will be handled automatically and quick conflict resolution will be provided when needed.
- Quick conflict resolution with choices to take your changes or your collaborators’ changes or simply discard all your changes in favor of your collaborators’ changes.
- Start collaborating on the shared project simply by opening the shared link.
SAP Fiori Quarz Light Theming
Users may now also select “SAP Fiori Quarz Light” as their theme. This will provide a visual experience in the SAP Business Application Studio that more compatible with SAP’s Fiori visual branding, as one might see in the SAP Fiori Launchpad. We plan to follow this with an SAP Fiori Quartz Dark theme as well, since dark themes are very popular in BAS.
SAP Fiori Launchpad using the SAP Fiori Quartz Light theme:
New SAP Fiori Quartz Light theme for SAP Business Application Studio:
Existing Light+ theme for SAP Business Application Studio:
Existing Dark+ theme for SAP Business Application Studio:
Consumption of draft-enabled CAP data services with Mobile Development Kit
While previously users could only read draft-enabled CAP data services with mobile centric apps, they can now create, update, and delete entities as well.
The highlights of this feature include:
- Introduce below MDK actions to work with the Draft Entities:
- Enhance MDK CRUD & Workflow UI Task templates to support Draft Entities.
- Support Create, Edit & Discard scenarios. Currently, the draft changes are activated immediately.
I hope you enjoy this sneak peek into the new capabilities. You can find all details to this and further releases in our public Roadmap and the SAP Help Portal. Feel free to leave a comment with you feedback and to ask any questions here.
All the best,