Digitization starts with Integration – See it in Action at SAP Sapphire 2022 Orlando
Lessons learned from the pandemic have taught most business that they need to go from a jaunt to a sprint in their digital transformation efforts. A McKinsey study1 showed that 64 percent of businesses surveyed believe their business model would need to be altered by 2023. Adoption of digital technologies has sped up from years to months1. Companies value agility and adaptability as critical to thriving in an increasingly unpredictable world. Some start with digitizing a few processes while others shift their business model to digital first. Let’s look at online shopping as an example.
In 2019, buying personal items online was common place while having someone pick up our groceries was still nascent in adoption. But in 2020 all that changed. Studies showed consumers shifted their spend into the online world with online grocery shopping growth increasing by 103% in 2020 and another healthy 7.9% in 20212. The surge in growth is not surprising but the continued growth in 2021 confirmed that the change in online grocery shopping was here to stay. Personally, I enjoyed skipping a trip to Costco – even more, I relished the ability to track items being picked up by my shopper while allowing me to make real-time decisions on replacement products if an item was unavailable. Online shopping with tracking of items, shipments, inventory status would not be possible if it wasn’t for a network of integrated applications working together to ensure a seamless customer experience.
It is often said Integration technology is the “glue” that brings together applications and data so that business processes are seamless to the customer, employee or business partner. At SAP we see customers using SAP Integration Suite, a key solution within SAP Business Technology Platform, to solve their top business challenges whether that means supporting e-commerce platforms, helping companies stay compliant with government regulations, or implementing new business models using APIs. At SAP Sapphire Orlando this year, we’ll have customers sharing how SAP Integration Suite solved their challenges. Here are the highlights:
- San Jose Sharks utilizes integration and data insights to improve fan experiences
- Mohawk in their pursuit of business transformation and sustainability practices, they eliminated data silos, automated processes across their functional areas such as HR, Finance, Sales and more
- Barclays embedded payment technology into customers business process to speed up payment while improving customer experiences
- American Water helps customers report water leaks, pay bills, respond to emergency alerts and more
- Boston Scientific Corporation removed data silos and streamlined business processes on their digital transformation journey
We also have several strategy talks and product deep dives to help customers understand the value SAP Integration Suite brings such as:
- Accelerate Business Outcomes with a Modern Integration Platform – Learn about the comprehensive iPaaS capabilities of Integration Suite
- Connect and Communicate with Business Partners in the Cloud – Hear about B2B requirements now supported in SAP Integration Suite
- Speed Up Transition to the Cloud with Integration as a Service – Understand transition path from SAP Process Orchestration to SAP Integration Suite
- Manage the Lifecycle of Your Integrations from Strategy to Development – See the Integration Strategy Assessment methodology embedded in the product
- Innovate Faster with Full Lifecycle API Management – Learn all that API Management has to offer for supporting innovation
- Act Fast When It Matters Most – Discover how event mesh supports real-time business processes
If you can’t make it to SAP Sapphire Orlando, join us virtually or at one of Sapphire events taking place in other cities this year. You can learn more about how SAP Integration Suite helps customers by visiting SAP.com today.