SAP S/4HANA Embedded Analytics: An Overview
In this blog post I will discuss the overview of SAP S/4HANA Embedded Analytics which is one of the key innovations of S/4HANA. It is a collection of SAP Fiori tiles in SAP S/4HANA that enable real time operational reporting. Embedded Analytics uses SAP Fiori as the front-end user interface and SAP has delivered standard content known as Fiori analytical apps for various functional areas.
SAP S/4HANA Embedded Analytics Scope
- Business Innovation through Radical Simplification
- Agility and Creativity for the Line of Business
- Scale and Trust for the Enterprise
- Simplify the Platform
- Enhance the user experience
- Innovate for the future
SAP S/4HANA analytics overview
SAP S/4HANA Analytics Overview
- Embedded analytics is exclusively based SAP Fiori and SAP Analytics UI’s.
- It comes with a lot of predefined analytical apps based on Fiori and on SAP Analytics Cloud for the Business Users.
- For creating own KPIs, reports, dashboards etc., SAP S/4HANA provides tools for the role of the Analytics Specialist.
- The analytical models are implemented in the SAP S/4HANA Virtual Data Model, which provides real-time access to the transactional data and which therefore needs no data replication.
- Embedded Analytics works only on the data that is currently in the SAP S/4HANA system.
- For S/4HANA On-Premise customers they can leverage the stories created with the stand-alone SAP Analytics cloud and integrate them into the SAP Fiori Launchpad.
SAP S/4HANA Architecture
- SAP S/4HANA embedded analytics is not a single feature but a concept of how to get insights to a business user
- SAP S/4HANA embedded analytics comes with a lot of predefined business content in the form of KPIs, reports, queries, predictive scenarios, planning scenarios
- The main user types addressed by SAP S/4HANA embedded analytics are business users and analytics specialists
- The analytics specialist is a role that has all the tools to create customer -specific analytics content
- SAP S/4HANA embedded analytics is well integrated with other SAP Analytics offerings
In this blog post we learned an overview of SAP S/4HANA Embedded Analytics and it’s benefits, To learn even more on the SAP S4/HANA and to keep up to date be sure to check out the help documentation, Also please feel free to share any feedback in a comment under this blog post and if you have any further questions on SAP S4/HANA embedded analytics and be sure to leave a question in the community also here.