Sales in SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2202.2
Continuous delivery for SAP S/4HANA Cloud becomes reality! Coming from a quarterly release cycle, SAP S/4HANA Cloud has started to reduce the number of releases and system upgrades per year and in parallel provide frequent updates in between these releases. Overall goal: to significantly reduce the effort associated with release upgrades while innovations can be adopted faster and more flexibly in between releases.
Picture 1: SAP S/4HANA Cloud: Release and Update Cycle.
This is the current state of planning and may be changed by SAP at any time without notice.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud customers have received 2202.2 – the second update based on the current 2202 release. This blog provides you with delta information on new or changed features, as well as legal changes for SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2202.2 for Sales.
Picture 2: SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2202.2: Key highlights overview per LoB.
This is the current state of planning and may be changed by SAP at any time without notice
For more information, see:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2202: Release Information Note: 3108326
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2202: Release Restriction Note: 3109182
Sales Contract Management:
Approval Workflows for Sales Contracts: Email Notifications
With this release, in approval workflows for sales contracts, approval requesters and approvers can be notified through automated emails about the following:
- Approvers can receive emails about new approval requests and approval reminders.
- Approval requesters can receive emails about document releases, rejections, and rework requests.
Effects on System Administration
To set up the email notifications, administrators must do the following:
- In the Import Employees app, import the email addresses of the designated notification recipients.
- In the Maintain Email Templates app, copy pre-delivered
- email templates to custom templates as needed and specify mandatory IDs of the custom templates
When workflows are set up correctly, both approval requesters and approvers receive notifications and tasks in the My Inbox app. They can also be notified through automated emails in approval workflows for the following sales document categories:
- Sales quotations
- Sales contracts
- Sales orders
- Sales orders without charge
- Customer returns
- Credit memo requests
- Debit memo requests
Picture 3: Set Up email notifications for approval workflows.
Approvers can receive two types of email notifications:
- Notifications about new approval requests when approval requesters finalize sales documents
- Reminders about approval requests when a predefined due time is reached
Approval requesters can receive three types of email notifications:
- Notifications about approvers’ release of sales documents
- Notifications about approvers’ rejection of sales documents
- Notifications about approvers’ request to rework sales documents
Note: Email notifications are not available for external approval workflows (see Approval Workflows in an External System).
Sales Contract Management:
Extensibility for Output Forms Templates of Sales Contracts
With this release, you can extend custom form templates for sales contracts with standard fields. In the Custom Fields app, you can use data source Output Management: Contract Form to create data source extensions for sales contracts and add fields to the data source extensions.
As a key user, you can extend the Adobe® output forms of sales documents according to their business needs.
Picture 4: Extensibility for output forms and email templates of sales documents.
You can extend your custom forms templates (that is, copies of the pre-delivered form templates) with custom fields created in the Custom Fields app for the following business contexts:
- Sales: Sales Document
- Sales: Sales Document Item
You can enable usage of your custom fields under Form Templates for the respective form templates.
In addition, you can extend your custom form templates using data sources. You can create data source extensions in the Custom Fields app for the following sales documents and data sources:
|Sales Document||Data Source|
|Sales order||Sales: Sales Order Confirmation Form|
|Sales quotation||Sales: Sales Quotation Form|
|Sales contract||Output Management: Contract Form|
|Returns order||Sales: Returns Order Form|
Note: When you add fields to custom form templates using data source extensions, these fields are not displayed in the PDF preview, only in the final output.
Sales Order Management and Processing:
Manage Sales Documents with Customer-Expected Price
To minimize process costs, you want to detect deviations between your own price and the one your customer expects as early as possible. You can then react at an early point in time after-sales document creation and apply countermeasures, such as correcting wrong price master data or contacting your customer. As a result, you avoid expensive disputes at a later point in time, for example, when the goods have been delivered and the invoice has already been sent to your customer.
With this new release, you can perform mass changes in the Manage Sales Documents with Customer-Expected Price app.
This app lists sales document items that are locked due to discrepancies between the net price and the customer-expected price until the discrepancy is resolved.
You can either accept or decline the customer-expected price, or you can reject the sales document item:
- If you accept the customer-expected price, you can manually adjust, for example, the value of the net price within the app.
- If you decline the customer-expected price for a sales document item, the system releases it for further document processing with the net price.
- If you reject the item, the item is not processed any further. You can use this action, for example, if you cannot agree on a net price and the customer does not want the item anymore.
Picture 5: This app lists sales document items that are locked due to discrepancies between the net price and the customer-expected price until the discrepancy is resolved.
The following will not automatically be available in your system as of SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2202.2, but requires your activation:
- Mass Change Capabilities for Manage Sales Documents with Customer-Expected Price (SD_ANA_MASS_CHANGE_F2713)
For more details on the activation of features, see Activate New Features.
SOAP API: New Fields Added to Customer Invoice – Send (B2B)
In the context of Sales integration with an external SAP buyer system, this outbound service enables your system to automatically send electronic invoices to your customers’ systems. In the customer systems, they are stored as supplier invoices. Automating the document exchange between suppliers and buyers saves time and effort. In the case of customer returns, the service can also send credit memos to the customer (buyer) system.
With this new release, the outbound service Customer Invoice – Send (B2B) (CO_EDI_INVOICE_REQUEST_OUT) has been enhanced to support the sales organization, distribution channel, division, and company code. The following fields have been added in this outbound service:
Claims, Returns, and Refund Management
Extensibility for Output Form Templates of Returns Orders
With this release, you can now extend your custom form templates for returns order output with standard fields by using the data source. In the Custom Fields app, you can use the data source Sales: Returns Order Form to create data source extensions for returns order output and add more standard fields to the data source extensions. In addition, the data source that was previously known as Output Management: Sales Returns Form has been renamed to Sales: Returns Order Form for terminology consistency and clarity.
Maintain Form Templates
Picture 6: You can use the Maintain Form Templates app to maintain form templates and streamline your records. Use the form templates as a basis for the documents you want to print.
- View a list of all available form templates and filter the templates by their assigned languages or countries
- Create a new custom form template with one original language and the option to translate it to different target languages
- Copy an SAP pre-delivered template to custom form templates for the next editing and reuse
- Delete custom form templates that are no longer needed
- Access older versions of your custom template, download them and compare two versions at the object level
Developing Custom Form Templates
You have created the required form templates in the test system using the Maintain Form Templates app. Afterward, you have transported the templates to the productive system using the Export Software Collection app. For more information, see SAP Help here.
For the development of custom form templates, you can download the form template file (XDP) to edit it with the Adobe LiveCycle Designer and upload it as the custom template in the original language. It is required to use Adobe LiveCycle Designer. They can be downloaded via an SAP download link in the Install Additional Software app.
Sales Monitoring and Analytics
Sales Scheduling Agreements – Product Demand
With this SAP Fiori app, you as an internal sales representative can monitor product demand from sales scheduling agreements. For example, you can view customer demand for one given product or product demand from one particular customer based on a time frame and look into further details on different dimensions. Such an overview offers valuable insights into how product demand fluctuates over time and may unfold in the future.
With this new release, the Sales Scheduling Agreements – Product Demand app has been enhanced. You can now do the following:
- Add the sales scheduling agreement item field as an additional column in the table view
- Navigate to the Manage Sales Scheduling Agreements app from the chart view
- Navigate to related apps from a scheduling agreement number in the table view
Picture 7: Monitor product demand from sales scheduling agreements.
The following functionalities will not automatically be available in your system as of SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2202.2 but require that you activate the feature Enhancements for App Sales Scheduling Agreements – Product Demand (SD_SA_PRODUCT_DEMAND_ADD_NAVIGATION):
- Additional sales scheduling agreement item field in the table view
- Navigation to the Manage Sales Scheduling Agreements app from the chart view
For more details on the activation of features, see Activate New Features.
Customer Adoption Journey for SAP S/4HANA Cloud
For more information concerning how to adopt a new functionality delivered via SAP S/4HANA Cloud Updates, please read the blog from my colleague Christian Geldmacher here.
Picture 8: Customer adoption journey for SAP S/4HANA Cloud features.
Thanks for reading this blog post. Stay tuned!
If you want to learn more and actively engage with SAP subject matter experts on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, join our SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community. This platform which is available to SAP S/4HANA Cloud customers and partners has a clear mission: to deliver an interactive community to engage with one another about best practices and product solutions.
Please stay tuned – we are about to release a community landing page on continuous delivery under the topic page of SAP S/4HANA Cloud. See here.
For more information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, check out the following links:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud release info here
- The Link Collection for Sales here
- Latest SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Blog Posts here and previous release highlights here
- Product videos on our SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA YouTube playlist
- SAP S/4HANA PSCC Digital Enablement Wheel here
- Early Release Webinar Series here
- Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast here
- openSAP Microlearning for SAP S/4HANA here
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Community: here
- Feature Scope Description for Sales here
- What’s New here
- Help Portal Product Page here
- Implementation Portal here