Domain Certificate Renewal(*.crm.ondemand.com)
The existing server certificate for domain “*.crm.ondemand.com” is renewed as it is going to expire on Dec 16th, 2022.
You will be affected if either of the below scenarios are applicable to you:
- Your browser does not have DigiCert Certificates.
- You have an inbound communication integration to your C4C product.
The SSL certificates for your below URLs are scheduled to be updated with new certificates.
myxxxxxx.crm.ondemand.com and myxxxxxx-sso.crm.ondemand.com
If you have third-party integrations like web services/APIs in your Cloud for Customer tenants, you may be required to update the domain certificate. These updates should be conducted by your internal IT resources.
Download new certificate
To download the latest certificate, go to your tenant URL and download the certificate which was recently updated. Below are the steps we need to follow to get a certificate.
- Access your C4C URL and click on “View site information” (Lock symbol)
2. Click on Certificate (Valid) option as below
3. New renewed Domain certificate will be available for download:
We can see the whole certificate chain in “Certification Path”:
4.Click on “Details” tab and download the certificate to the desired path(local machine).
1) What are these certificates used for?
These certificates are used for the SSL/TLS handshake that any system using the ‘secure’ protocol does before allowing connection to/from the system. In our case, SAP Cloud for Customer uses the ‘secure’ HTTPS protocol and hence the SSL handshake is a must for any system to connect to these URLs.
2) Are the new certificates known to modern web browsers?
DigiCert Root Certificates are automatically recognized by all common web browsers, mobile devices, and mail clients, therefore for browser scenarios there is nothing to do. The same is true if one relies on the standard sapjvm trust list.
The CA root certificate is included in:
- SAP JVM patch level 8.1.035 or 7.1.054
- Cloud Foundry buildpack SAP-Java (sap_java_buildpack) version 1.6.15
3) How do I download or install the certificate?
You must have admin access to the third-party system server where you need to install the certificate. If you do not have access to your company’s SSL server, notify your IT team and provide them the respective certificate download link from the above table.
4) How to Import Single Certificate in SAP CPI Key Store?
Follow the steps mentioned in the link.
5) How to import the certificate into my browser?
- Open the browser.
- Click Customize and control Google Chrome button in the upper right corner.
- Choose Settings. …
- Under Privacy and security section, click More. …
- Click Manage certificates, The new window will appear. …
- Choose Trusted Root Certification Authorities tab.
- Click Import. …
- In the opened window, click Next.
6) I notice a discrepancy in the validity start date and end date mentioned in this knowledge article table and my downloaded certificate. What does this indicate?
Sometimes, due to time zone differences, you may see a different date in the downloaded certificate. There is no impact on the certificate update activity due to this. You will be renewing the certificate well in advance, before the certificate expiry date.