Recap of the SAP Community Call for ALM on April 20, 2022
In this blog, I’d like to recap the SAP Community Call for ALM from April 20, 2022. You will find a summary of the topics as well as a collection of useful links. I will also provide a summary of the Q&A topics.
The focus topic of this call was SAP Focused Fun.
The structure of this blog post follows the order of the webcast agenda. Let’s get started!
Important information: Please Re-Register to continue to receive invitations for the call!
To further receive e-mail invitations to future SAP Community Call for ALM webinars, we need to ask you to register again. Please go to the landing page and click on “Register Now”. On the following page, please select all calls you want to get invited to. You will only get invitations to the selected calls!
News from the SAP Community: Blog highlights
As always, Tonja Kehrer presented her personal blog highlights from the SAP Community. This month she has chosen the following blogs:
- Focused Insights OCC Dashboard Data Volume Management: Access to ALL data tables with Data Provider /STDF/DP_DVM by Marco Krapf
- Business Process Readiness Overview with SAP Focused Build by Daniel Enderli
- Performance Improvements for Focused Build for SAP Solution Manager by Jörg Marenk
News from SAP Product Support: Support Assistant Overview
Ian Mooney showed a short overview of the SAP Support Assistant, which will guide you through creating the perfect incident by asking product & topic specific questions about your issue to get an optimized incident creation.
To access the support assistant, visit SAP ONE Support Launchpad and start the incident creation process. If the product you are using is available with the support assistant, you will be automatically prompted with the option to start it.
SAP Cloud ALM: Quarterly Updates, a new book, and more EGIs
Quarterly Updates: Since the release of SAP Cloud ALM, we provided information about new and enhanced features in the “What’s New in SAP Cloud ALM” calls. This will now be continued with the new “SAP Cloud ALM Quarterly Updates”. After every quarter, we look back on what has been newly released in SAP Cloud ALM. To get invited to these webinars, please visit the landing page and register. You will only be invited to the webinars you register for!
New Book: If you are interested how SAP Cloud ALM can help you transition to the cloud and streamline your cloud implementations, check out the new e-book “Introducing SAP Cloud ALM for Implementation” here.
More EGIs: In addition to the Expert Guided Implementation courses for SAP Cloud ALM already announced last month, there now additional EGI dates and delivery languages available. Reserve your seat here!
SAP Solution Manager: Customer Connection delivery call scheduled
Tim Steuer shared the dates for the customer connection delivery calls.
DELIVERY CALL scheduled for Tuesday, May 24th, 2022:
- German | Start time: 10:00am CET (Berlin, Paris)
- English | Start time: 3:00pm CET (Berlin, Paris), 09:00am EST
Find the dial-in data here.
SAP Focused Run: Zero downtime option for SAP Focused Run upgrades
Heinz Wolter share information about the zero downtime option (ZDO) for upgrades. For SAP Focused Run, the current situation with ZDO is the following:
- ZDO upgrade is fully supported since start release SAP S/4HANA Foundation 2020
- Current Release in SAP Focused RUN: SAP S/4HANA Foundation 1909
- ZDO upgrade is possible on project basis:
- Customer hast to register for Zero Downtime Upgrade according to information in central ZDO Note 2707731
- At least one person has to pass certification for course ADM330
- Direct contact with ZDO upgrade team on project basis
As usual, Tim Steuer asked the participants some questions using Mentimeter. The questions this month focused on getting feedback about the Support Assistant, your preferred ALM tool and your plans for SAP Sapphire.
Upcoming Events: What’s going on?
Join Andreas Heckmann, Marc Thier and Steffi Kübler at SAP Saphire in Orlando on May 10-12 for exciting sessions on various ALM topics. Find the session in the session catalogue.
The dates for the SAP ALM Summits 2022 are now fixed:
- July 26 – 29: APJ (virtual): register here
- October 18 – 21: EMEA (in-person)
- November 15-17: NA (in-person)
- SAP Cloud ALM Quarterly Updates Q1: April 27 & 28 (register here)
- SAP Cloud ALM Expert Community Call: May 4 (register here)
- DSAG Technologietage: May 3-4 (register here)
- SAP Sapphire 2022: May 10-12 (learn more here)
- DSAG CCOE Forum: May 31 – June 1 (register here)
- Multiple ALM Roadshows planned for May to June 2022
Find out about all ALM Events here: https://support.sap.com/alm-events
The next SAP Community Call for ALM will take place on May 18, at 4pm CEST / 10am EST.
Remember: you have to register yourself again to receive invitations for future ALM calls!
Q&A: You ask, we answer
Here you can find some of the questions which were raised during the call, as well as the answers provided by our experts.
Q: How can I paste images/Screenshots in text field in Focused Build for SAP Solution Manager?
A: Prerequisite for pasting images in text field is the activation of Rich Text. Details can be found in the configuration guide for Focused Build on page 84. For the defect management, this capability is not yet available.
Q: Can ZDO (Zero Downtime Option) be used to upgrade Solution Manager 7.2 SP11 to SP14 (with associated Focused Build package)?
A: No, for SAP Solution Manager this is not supported or planned. Reason: BW is not supported by ZDO.
Q: Which SAP Focused Run release will be based on SAP S4/HANA 2020?
A: It is planned for SAP Focused Run 4.0, which is planned to be released at the end of 2022.
Q: I have a Question about upcoming Changes on Testmanagement.
A: You can find information about what is new in Focused Build Test Management in this webinar recording.
Wrap-Up: Let us know what you think!
You can find the recording of the ALM Community Call from April 20 here.
The presentation of the call can be downloaded here.
Please let us know in the comments section if this blog was useful and if you would like us to continue with this after every SAP Community Call for ALM!