New Learning Tutorial on SAP Process Automation
SAP Process Automation is a newly introduced service in SAP Business Technology Platform that combines the capabilities of workflow management and robotic process automation, with intuitive citizen developer experience.
Read the blog from Bhagat Nainani to understand how SAP Process Automation can enable organisations to manage their business processes with no-code experience.
If you haven’t tried out the service yet, follow the blog from Sebastian Schroetel to access the Free Tier account and get started with the building your first process in new enhanced design studio.
If you are wondering where to start from, then we have couple of options for you:
- Learning Journey (https://learning.sap.com/learning-journey/low-code-no-code-applications-and-automations-for-citizen-developers) where we will soon have a chapter on building your processes using SAP Process Automation.
- Murali Shanmugham wrote a series of blogs to Get Started With SAP Process Automation Series which beautifully covers different capabilities of SAP Process Automation.
… and the latest edition to the learning library is SAP Developer Tutorial Mission for the Beginners: Build your first business process with SAP Process Automation
The use case for the tutorial is on Sales Order Approval Process where the sales orders are received manually via different sources like email, paper-based etc. A person then enters the details of the sales order via an online form and submits it for approval from respective department by the designated business users. Approver has to ensure that the sales order requirement can be met and delivered on time to the requestor. Once approved the requestor is notified and the sales order is created in the backend S/4HANA system.
It is a 1 hour 15 minutes mission which helps you to try-out different capabilities of SAP Process Automation. This mission is a series of tutorials, where the first part contains 5 tutorials where you will learn how SAP Process Automation allows you to build an automated process using no-code application designer through the combination of process, forms, and conditional logics. Automated tasks in MyInbox and notifications ensures that the approvers are informed appropriately, and they can access their inboxes on-the-go to take decisions.
- Setup your account in SAP Business Technology Platform
- Create a business project and a process
- Create forms to: (tutorial link)
- start the process
- get approval from the manager
- Add conditional flow to the process
- Finally run the process: (tutorial link)
- by releasing and deploying the process.
- starting the workflow from the start form
- accessing monitoring application to track the progress of the workflow
- managing tasks from MyInbox application
The mission would not have been possible without you Chaitanya Priya Puvvada , Samir HAMICHI and Stephan Schluchter. Thank you for all your valuable contributions.
What are you waiting for? start learning SAP Process Automation and explore its various capabilities in a new no-code tool experience.
Keep a watch on this blog as it will be updated soon with next series of the tutorials, where you will learn how to create and add automations, decision and visibility scenarios in your business process. Until then keep learning more about SAP Process Automation service and consume them in your use cases. If you have any questions, do write to us.
For more information on SAP Process Automation, please refer to the following sources:
- Exchange knowledge: SAP Community | Q&A| Blogs
- Explore: SAP Product Page | Product Demo
- Learn more: SAP Help Portal | SAP Learning Journey
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube
Well done, thanks Archana Shukla, Chaitanya Priya Puvvada and Samir HAMICHI!
Thank you for creating these tutorials.
Great tutorial! Thanks..
Thank you for the blog. I have asked this question in another blog post as well. I am working on a use case on SPA with a customer. Currently, Business Rules Engine lacks a feature to restrict change in business rules based on user group. This is a very important feature lacking as anyone can change Business rules created by other users and publish them. Is there any roadmap by SAP to have this feature in a future release?
Hi Archana Shukla
Thank you for providing great content as always. I hope you can help me with my below queries.
I did few applications with Workflow management and able to achieve below tasks
I want to achieve same functionality in Process Automation also.
Could you please guide me on how to achieve the same?
API to start the workflow will be available in some time. It is in roadmap.